There are 999 happy haunts at Disney and plenty of places to find spooky experiences in the parks in both California and Florida. All-year attractions and special offerings in the fall, the most haunted time of year, give you plenty of frightful opportunities. Here are our top 10 picks for having a scary time in the parks:
- Dinosaur – A simple trip back in time to the Cretaceous period shouldn’t be too frightening…until Seeker sends you right into the thick of the asteroid impact, and a Carnotaurus starts chasing you down! Be prepared for thrills and get your best scared face ready for the Dinosaur ride in DinoLand U.S.A. at the Animal Kingdom.
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures – Snow White’s Scary Adventures at Disney World was closed to make room for Princess Fairytale Hall, but you can still ride into the haunted forest and be chased by the Wicked Witch at Disneyland Park in California. When standing out front, see if you can catch a glimpse of the Evil Queen in the window!
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride – Another rather alarming attraction in Fantasyland at Disneyland is Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. Spoiler Alert: you crash through the library, the town, get thrown in prison, get run over by a train (seriously!), and then go to the underworld to meet some demons.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – While the buccaneers on this classic attraction at Disneyland and Disney World can be friendly and funny when singing “Yo Ho Yo Ho,” they’re also pretty fierce. Just think of all the skeletons you pass by and remember…dead men tell no tales…
- Haunted Mansion Holiday – If you’re a Nightmare Before Christmas fan, this pick is for you! Jack Skellington and friends visit the Haunted Mansion attraction at Disneyland each year September through December to scare up some special fun.
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy – The Space Mountain attraction at Disneyland also gets a special spooky overlay each year at Halloween time! You’ll see aliens, lightning bolts, and ghost nebulas during this intergalactic flight.
- Halloween Time at Disneyland – Disneyland serves up some spooky fun each September and October not only with seasonal overlays on popular rides but also with fall decorations and Mickey’s Halloween Party on select nights. It’s a family-friendly event, so the fright factor isn’t over the top.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Disney World’s big Halloween bash may not have the ride overlays, but it does have a fantastic fireworks show, Hallowishes, as well as the stunning Boo to You Parade with all your favorite villains and dancing and grave-digging ghouls straight out of the Haunted Mansion. This one is a can’t-miss!
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – The perennially popular ToT attraction is at both Disney Hollywood Studios at Disney World and Disney California Adventure at Disneyland. Check into this deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood and be ready for a trip to…the Twilight Zone.
- Haunted Mansion – There’s no better spooky spectacular at Disney than the classic Haunted Mansion attraction. From your ghost host and Madame Leota to the ballroom of spooks and the murderous bride, for Disney frights, the Haunted Mansion is a must.
What is your favorite spooky experience at Disney?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- WDW January – April 2019 Florida Resident Discount - November 29, 2018
- 2019 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount - November 26, 2018
- 2019 Disneyland Ticket Discount - November 20, 2018
- Winter 2019 Aulani Discount - November 9, 2018
- 2019 Disneyland Winter Savings - November 9, 2018