There are many, many reasons to stay in a Disney World Hotel on your next Disney vacation, but maybe the most compelling reasons to stay on property are the 20 Disney World Resorts themselves! Here is an evocative thumbnail sketch of each one, capturing the distinctive touches and themed charm that will make you want to visit them all.
- POP Century! – Retro bright, larger than life, strolling down Memory Lane. Bowling in the ’50s, Flower Power, Hippy Dippy Pool, massive Rubik’s cubes, bridging the Generation Gap! Everything Pop food court, Everything Pop Sundae! Tie-dye cheesecake, Mogli and Baloo, giant Play-Doh, groovy!
- All-Star Music – Surrounded by your favorite Broadway hits, rockin’ out, country music square dance, family suites, carrying a tune in Melody Hall, Intermission Food Court, calypso beats, and all that jazz! Giant piano keyboard, Donald Duck, José Carioca, and Panchito!
- All-Star Sports – Get in the game! Surf’s up at the pool! Shootin’ some hoops, four-story football, game-set-match! End Zone Food Court burgers and fries, movies under the stars!
- All-Star Movies – Herbie, face-off with the Mighty Ducks, 101 Dalmatians, fantastic worlds of Fantasia at the pool with Sorcerer Mickey, World Premiere Food Court, create your own hotdog!
- Art of Animation – Live life in a Disney movie, Lightning McQueen, Simba, Nemo, and Ariel icons everywhere, artwork abounds, Storyboard Chandelier, check-in pods instead of a front desk, Ink and Paint Shop, Pixel Play Arcade where parents can sit, watery fun with Ariel at Flippin’ Fins and with Nemo in the Big Blue Pool, drive on in at the Cozy Cone, Sketch Artist of the Day award!
- Caribbean Beach – The islands, mon! Palm tree paradise, pirate rooms and pirate adventures, walking along the bay, fun in Port Royale, fishing adventures, volleyball on the sands, rooms with sliding doors and room for five! Custom House, Goombay Games, and sunsets over Barefoot Bay! Jamaica, Trinidad North and South, Martinique, Aruba, Barbados. Gleaming wood with sliding doors. Spirit of the Islands boats, water cannon and water play at Fuentes del Morro!
- Coronado Springs – Lago Dorado, El Centro, Cabanas, Ranchos, and Casitas, cactus and desert flowers! Panchitos Gifts and Sundries, Cafe Rix, and Las Ventanas! Aztec ambience at the Lost City of Cibola Pool, festive Pepper Market, hair salon pampering at Casa de Belleza, cotton candy milkshake, Mayan playground at the Dig Site, spitting jaguar!
- Fort Wilderness – Home away from home, camping community camaraderie, Pioneer Hall, strawberry shortcake at Hoop-Dee-Doo! Pine forests and cypress knees, cozy cabins, bring your dog, golf carts for miles! Settlement Trading Post, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, ring the bell at Trail’s End buffet! Archery, tennis, and canoes, too!
- Port Orleans Riverside – Insensitive original name now forgotten, Southern Mansions, Royal Guest Rooms with their own fireworks, Alligator Bayou, trundle beds! Down by the Fishin’ Hole, Muddy Waters bar with a light show, Riverside Mill food court, working water wheel! Sassagoula River, Ol’ Man Island, marshmallow roasting at Cajun Campfire!
- Port Orleans French Quarter – New Orleans vibe, beignets! Epic Doubloon Lagoon pool with resident sea serpent, gators with saxophones, Mardi Gras all year long, strings of beads, and carriage rides! Mardi Grogs Pool Bar, Antebellum charm, Scat Cat’s Club, glowing gas lamps, and punny street names!
- Old Key West – Low “key” relaxation, first DVC, biking, iconic lighthouse, roomy rooms! Conch Flats, golf-course fairways, giant sand castle pool, Olivia’s Cafe, Gurgling Suitcase, and Good’s Food to Go! Hot pizza delivered, water taxi to Disney Springs!
- Saratoga Springs – New York State spa spirit, horse lovers nirvana, Turf Club burgers, Artist’s Palette flatbreads, sketch board easels on the tables, zero entry pool, DVC community room. Paddock Pool with horseshoe whirlpool, High Rock Spring Pool with waterslide and geysers! Treehouse villas in the woods, Senses spa, biking, easy walk to Disney Springs!
- Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jaw-dropping Jambo lobby, authentic artwork everywhere, savannas, African safari from the balcony of your room, giraffes, zebras, and Tommies, zebra domes at the Mara, drums echoing for miles! Zawadi treasures, Boma delights, naan at Sanaa, POG! Hakuna Matata playground, Uzima Pool, and Simba’s Cubhouse!
- Beach Club Resort – New England seaside flair, Stormalong Bay water park with sinking sands, whirlpool, and lazy river! Lafferty Place arcade, No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream, Beachwear Minnie at Cape May Cafe. Walk to Epcot, Shipshape Health Club, watercraft rentals on Crescent Lake, boat to Hollywood Studios!
- BoardWalk Inn – Atlantic City fun on the boardwalk with entertainers, pizza window, Luna Park Clown Pool! Cute club level cottages, gourmet Flying Fish! Strings of light reflected in the water, bass fishing, and surrey bike rentals! Walk to Epcot or Studios!
- Contemporary Resort – Monorail zooming right through the middle, walking distance to Magic Kingdom, lakeside pool, Grand Canyon Concourse, Mary Blair mural, Wishes fireworks from the California Grill, dining with Chef Mickey!
- Polynesian Village – Slice of South Pacific heaven on earth, hammocks on white sand beach, monorail or launch to the Magic Kingdom! Captain Cook’s food court, Dole Whips at Pineapple Lanai, volcano pool, Trader Sam’s, Electrical Water Pageant magic, fireworks from the beach! Flaming torches, Tonga Toast, ‘Ohana meat for miles, Kona coffee bar in the morning, flower leis, and Spirit of Aloha!
- Wilderness Lodge – Great Northwest National Park Lodge majesty, logs for miles, happy, noisy echoes from Whispering Canyon, geyser magic! Totem poles, six-story fireplace, Roaring Fork, and Silver Creek Springs Pool! Boats, biking, Buttons & Bells (arcade)!
- Yacht Club Resort – Legendary Yachtsman Steakhouse, quiet elegance, giant globe, Captain’s Grill buffet breakfast, sweeping staircase! Nautical charm, Bayside Marina, gazebo tucked away!
- Grand Floridian – the Ultimate! Victorian luxury, pampering, red roofs and cupolas, penguins at DVC, glimpses of a bride passing in a glass carriage! Kids dancing to the lobby pianist, Grand Floridian Society Orchestra, Perfectly Princess tea, lifelong memories at Victoria and Albert’s, fireworks from Narcoossees!
What is your favorite reason to stay on Disney property?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Current Disney Destination Status - September 22, 2020
- 2020 Southern US Disney World Discount - September 10, 2020
- 2020 Walt Disney World Fall Discount - September 1, 2020
- Fall 2021 Disney Cruises - July 23, 2020
- Florida Resident and Annual Passholder Summer Discounts - July 9, 2020