If you have ever stayed at the Grand Californian at Disneyland, you realize as soon as you walk into the lobby that it is a special resort. Not only was it the first Disney resort in the world built inside a Disney theme park, it is a down right gorgeous hotel. It has been 16 years since the opening of the Grand Californian, and while I love the hotel, I currently choose to stay at the Disneyland Hotel instead, as I like the rooms better. I may have to change my mind now as with these new Grand Californian updates, the rooms are down right incredible.
An exciting, hotel-wide refurbishment is bringing new magic to the luxurious Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort, with completely redesigned guest rooms plus a refreshed lobby, pool areas and the concierge-level Craftsman Club. The most extensive refurbishment since the hotel’s 2001 opening will elevate the premium guest experience and bring a contemporary approach to the Arts & Crafts design style.
The renovations will roll out in phases, with expected completion by the end of 2017. Guests will begin to enjoy the first phase of refreshed guest rooms starting this spring.
Redesigned Grand Californian Guest Rooms
Every single element in the redesigned guest rooms will be new, creating a fresh sense of luxury – from floor and walls to furnishings, bedding and linens, as well as upgraded bathrooms. Upon entry, guests will notice beautiful hardwood flooring transitioning into soft, bright-toned carpeting. Linens and pillows are restyled in a bright, white palette and upgraded bathrooms include new fixtures. The room decor is a contemporary take on the Arts & Crafts style featuring all-new furniture made of natural oak, specially designed for each room, as well as California-inspired artwork created by artists and Disney Imagineers, including beautiful headboard walls with wood inlay designs featuring Chip ‘n Dale climbing orange trees! Guests with sharp eyes will catch other uniquely Disney details throughout these newly enhanced rooms.
Other Grand Californian Enhancements
- Pools: The pools and surrounding areas have been redesigned with new hardscapes that reinforce the Arts and Crafts feeling of this premier Disney resort. A variety of natural stones were chosen to create a warm and welcoming environment at each pool.
- Lobby: The already spectacular six-story Grand Hall lobby will continue to impress guests with new, stylish furnishings to complement the existing Arts and Crafts décor.
- The Craftsman Club: The new design for The Craftsman Club, the hotel’s concierge-level lounge, will draw inspiration from the architectural and furniture designs of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, a visionary of the Glasgow Style of the Arts and Crafts movement. New hardwood flooring, custom-designed rugs, finely-crafted artisanal furniture and specially-commissioned art will add to the sophisticated, upscale tone of the Club.
If you have never stayed at the Grand Californian, it sounds like it should be first on your list for your next Disneyland vacation.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Spring 2023 Aulani Discount - January 30, 2023
- Walt Disney World Galactic Starcruiser Discount - January 19, 2023
- 2024 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discounts - January 10, 2023
- Walt Disney World Spring 2023 Discount - January 5, 2023
- 2023 Walt Disney World Dining Promo Card Giveaway - January 5, 2023