Each year, typically in February, Walt Disney World updates the ticket options that they sell as well as prices (sometimes the prices go down, most of the time, the ticket prices increase). This year is no exception as Walt Disney World has once again introduced some changes to their ticket offerings, effective today, February 12, 2017.
2017 Walt Disney World Ticket Changes
- All newly-purchased tickets will expire on a specified date. Never-used expired tickets may be exchanged by consumers for credit toward new ticket purchase of equal or greater value. Previously-purchased tickets without expiration dates will remain valid until used. Before today, any unused ticket did not expire, it was valid until it was used for the first time. Any tickets purchased starting today will have an expiration date, however, after the expiration date, you must trade it in towards a new ticket, and you will receive the amount you paid towards the new ticket price.
- This year, we are introducing a $20 savings on a 3-Day or longer Magic your Way Ticket when purchased on Disneyworld.com, a travel agent or through our call center as compared to the price for the same ticket at the theme park ticket windows, Guest Relations and Sports Welcome Center.
- The Water Park Fun & More and Park Hopper bundled add-on will now be known as Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus Options. The Water Park Fun & More will be discontinued as a standalone option. In order to purchase the Park Hopper Plus option, you must first include the Park Hopper on your tickets. The Park Hopper Plus has the same benefits as the discontinued Water Park Fun & More, you just will not be able to purchase it without purchasing the hopper option on your tickets.
In addition to the changes above, there were some small price increases to most Walt Disney World tickets, including Florida Resident and regular annual passes.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already purchased a package through Mouseketrips or directly through Walt Disney World for an upcoming 2017 Walt Disney World vacation, your package price did not increase today, it remained the same. If a future discount is released for your dates, or you make changes to the dates or inclusions in your package, you will be required to “rebook” your reservation and include the new tickets, including the new ticket prices and ticket changes.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Disney Cruises to restart August 9, 2021 - July 23, 2021
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser - July 19, 2021
- Walt Disney World Florida Resident Discount – Summer 2021 - July 7, 2021
- Fall 2022 Disney Cruises - June 17, 2021
- 2021 Disneyland Summer Discount - June 15, 2021