In 2020, Adventures by Disney will embark on more European river cruises than ever before, including a brand-new unique vacation through southern France on the Rhone River! In addition, Adventures by Disney will launch three new Short Escape itineraries in Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest, Hungary, which can be added to Adventures by Disney river cruise vacations or booked at standalone trips.
The expanded season of river cruises includes a record-breaking 27 departures along the Danube, Rhine, Seine and Rhone rivers. What’s more, Adventures by Disney is doubling the number of adult-exclusive departures in 2020, giving our adult guests even more opportunities to experience the sophistication, variety and adventure of a river cruise in a fun, comfortable setting.
Rhone River Sailings Through Southern France
During the new eight-day, seven-night Rhone River itinerary, you will sail through southern France, including the renowned region of Provence. To bring the rich history, charming culture, distinguished art and distinctive cuisine of this diverse region to life, Adventures by Disney has curated engaging, authentic experiences in every port-of-call.
- Active sightseeing adventures include exploring enchanting towns and villages by bike; kayaking beneath the famous 2,000-year-old Roman aqueduct, Pont du Gard; and taking in the magnificent scenery of the Gorges du Doux by steam train and rail bike.
- Interactive culinary experiences celebrate the region’s local flavors and world-famous cuisine. The menu of activities includes a private truffle-hunting experience and tasting; cheese and jam making at a goat farm; and an immersive tasting experience at a family-owned olive oil farm near Les Baux-de-Provence. You will also enjoy curated tastings featuring Rhone Valley wines, chocolate and more.
- Engaging art-focused excursions draw Adventurers into a world of color and imagination. Among the highlights are a walking tour of Roussillon’s colorful Ochre Trail followed by a painting class; a demonstration in the art of silk-weaving in Lyon; and a visit to the Carrieres de Lumieres, a former limestone quarry where famous impressionistic paintings come to life.
- Immersive historical tours are bolstered by signature Disney storytelling as guests step into the stories of the Palais des Papes, a breathtaking palace that was once the seat of papal power; the Roman ruins of Lyon and Nimes; the historic hilltop villages of Gordes and Les Baux-de-Provence; and the 12th-century Abbaye de Senanque, where tales of medieval Cistercian monks unfold.
New Adventures by Disney Short Escapes
Beginning in 2020, you can enhance your European river cruise vacations with three-day, two-night stays in Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest. These guided group itineraries are designed to maximize vacation time, highlighting each city’s most well-known attractions while also uncovering unexpected hidden gems.
- The Paris Short Escape can be added to Seine and Rhone sailings to round-out vacations in northern or southern France. In Paris, not only will you come face-to-face with one of the world’s most iconic landmarks, the Eiffel Tower, but you will also enjoy spectacular views of the “City of Lights” from your seats at dinner on the structure’s first floor. Other activities include a private walking culinary tour and a bucket-list visit to the Louvre Museum, which features a local expert guide and a special art detective activity for Junior Adventurers.
- The Amsterdam Short Escape can be added as a post-cruise stay following Rhine River sailings to complete the cruise’s four-country journey. This itinerary is comprised of a number of hands-on activities, like a painting workshop following a visit to the Van Gogh Museum and a tile glazing activity at an earthenware factory. Adventurers will also visit quintessential Dutch windmills in Kinderdijk, embark on a canal cruise and taste their way through the trendy Jordaan neighborhood.
- The Budapest Short Escape can be added to Danube River sailings as the perfect land complement to the Central European tour by water. The itinerary combines enriching cultural excursions — you will indulge in homestyle Hungarian cuisine at a historic bistro, ride in a tuk-tuk (motorized rickshaw) and revel in a performance at the Budapest Opera House — with visits to the city’s must-see locales, such as Buda Castle, Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church.
Adventures by Disney is able to arrange unique, once in a lifetime events that no one else seems to be able to do. These Short Escapes are sure to be out of this world.
Bookings for all 2020 Adventures by Disney river cruise vacations open to the public on January 31, 2019. Previous Adventures by Disney guests, Disney Vacation Club members, Disney Cruise Line Platinum & Gold Castaway Club members and Golden Oak residents will have access to early booking starting on January 29, 2019.
2020 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount
Discover amazing savings of $500 per person on select 2020 river cruise vacations sailing May 14 through October 8, 2020 when you book through March 30, 2019.
Danube River Cruise Departures
- Save $500 per person on all Danube River Cruise departures, excluding: Danube River Cruise: Oktoberfest Danube River Cruise: Holiday
Rhine River Cruise Departures
- Save $500 per person on all Rhine River Cruise departures
Seine River Cruise Departures
- Save $500 per person on all Seine River Cruise departures
Rhône River Cruise Departures
- Save $500 per person on all Rhône River Cruise departures
Important Adventures by Disney discount information
- Special Early Booking Rates and availability are limited
- Special Offer excludes suites, category AP and category E
- Offer must be booked through March 30, 2019
- Offer is for select departures from May 14 through October 8, 2020
- Offer valid on new bookings only
- Not combinable with other offers or promotions
- Limited quantities available
If you would like to get a quote or more information about booking a 2020 Adventures by Disney River Cruise, please feel free to contact us for a free, no obligation Mouseketrips quote.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Disney Villains After Hours – Magic Kingdom - April 18, 2019
- Disneyland Oogie Boogie Bash - April 17, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World and Disneyland Guest Policy Changes - March 28, 2019
- 2019 Disneyland Spring Savings - March 19, 2019
- 2019 Disney VISA Spring Walt Disney World Discount - March 8, 2019