The beauty and storytelling of Colombia, the magnificent coastlines and historical sites in Eastern Canada’s Maritime Provinces, plus an enhanced New Zealand itinerary packed with action and adventure welcome guests traveling with Adventures by Disney in 2024.
Headlining the new destinations is Colombia, whose people and cultures sparked the imaginations of Disney storytellers as they created the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award-winning film “Encanto.” Now, the travel experts at Disney have curated a one-of-a-kind adventure filled with new discoveries and experiences inspired by the film, and families can go “set-jetting” on their dream trip and see the movie come to life.
An All-New Adventure to Colombia: Bogota, the Coffee Region, Cocora Valley and Cartagena
On this new adventure, guests will be immersed in the diverse cultures and landscapes, get a true taste of the local cuisine, and discover the unique characteristics and beauty of this destination. The brilliant colors found in neighborhoods and architecture, the lush, green landscapes with towering wax palm trees and a kaleidoscope of butterflies, family recipes, traditional customs and music will surround guests as they embrace the splendor of the second most biodiverse country in the world through access and experiences as only Disney can provide.
A New Adventure to Canada’s Maritimes of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island
With Adventures by Disney, guests will enjoy Canada’s Atlantic coast and Maritime Provinces of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, with an itinerary packed with fun-filled activities. The adventure celebrates the outdoors with experiences to surround families with the region’s picturesque rivers, beaches, ocean coasts and gulfs, and enchanting landscapes at every turn.
Families traveling on the Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island Adventure will discover:
- Visiting an authentic maple syrup farm in Nova Scotia, learning about tree tapping and the process that brings syrup from tree to table, and sampling the locally tapped product along the way.
- Discovering the Wood Island Lighthouse and being at the heart of the Island’s maritime heritage. The Lighthouse has served the community for more than 150 years, and here Junior Adventurers will enjoy their own special kite-making and flying activity as the breeze comes off the sea.
- Exploring Avonlea Village, the fictitious community central to the Anne of Green Gables stories, and enjoying tea with a descendent of author Lucy Maud Montgomery’s family.
- Learning about the indigenous Mi’kmaq Peoples during a visit to the Millbrook Cultural Heritage Centre and gaining first-hand understanding of their Talking Stick sacred practice.
- Enjoying outdoor family activities such as walking on the low-tide ocean floor at the Bay of Fundy, an onboard fisherman’s feast, horseback riding, gazing at the stars during a bonfire, biking, canoeing and kayaking.
An Enhanced New Zealand Adventure
A visit to the island country of New Zealand is a visual delight on the recently enhanced New Zealand adventure. The stunning scenery, blue waters, snow-capped mountains, volcanic sand beaches and tropical rainforests provide an incredible and diverse travel experience. The 12-day, 11-night itinerary will take guests to both vibrant cities and small towns, with sights and activities that are authentically New Zealand. Slight adjustments were made to the itinerary to offer an even more hassle-free travel experience that fully immerses families in this awe-inspiring adventure.
New Zealand Itinerary Highlights include:
- Participating in the exciting America’s Cup Experience in Auckland, the “City of Sails.”
- Sharing an authentic Hangi dinner with a local family to experience the indigenous Maori culture.
- Marveling at thousands of glow worms illuminating an underground cave among limestone formations.
- Touring the National Kiwi Hatchery, a facility renowned for its kiwi bird conservation program.
- Gazing at the dramatic geysers which dot the landscape at the Te Puia Geothermal Park, also home to the largest active geyser in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Traveling via the TranzAlpine Train upwards into the Southern Alps.
Bookings for 2024 Adventures by Disney Land Adventures and Private Adventures open to the public on May 12, 2023. Bookings open early for the following travelers:
- May 9 – Adventure Insiders with 3+ previous Adventures
- May 10 – All Adventure Insiders
- May 11 – Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Castaway Members and Golden Oak Residents
- May 12 – General Public
Important 2024 Adventures by Disney Discount Information
Travelers interested in booking a 2024 Land Adventures can save $400 per person on select North America & Central America departures or $500 per person on select International Land Adventure Departures.
This special 2023 Adventures by Disney Discount must be booked by August 5, 2023.
If you would like to get a quote or more information about booking a 2024 Adventures by Disney, please feel free to contact us for a free, no-obligation Mouseketrips quote.