Aulani, Disney’s Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i may be over 3,000 miles away, but a little Disney daydreaming can make it seem a lot closer. Here are 8 things at Aulani that will make for the perfect mini mental escape:
- ‘Ahu ‘Ula Presidential Suite: We may as well dream big! Aulani’s signature 2-bedroom penthouse suite in Waianae Tower overlooks the ocean and the Waikolohe Valley waters. The sumptuous Hawaiian-contemporary style rooms make you feel like King Kamehameha, with custom artwork, a long balcony, and a whirlpool tub.
- Laniwai Spa Day: You step foot in paradise when you enter Aulani’s spa. There’s an outdoor hydrotherapy garden to explore, plenty of treatments to choose from, and even a spa mixology station – the Pulu Bar – to create your own personalized body polish. Ahhhh…feel relaxed yet?
- Search for the Menehune: Mysterious creatures called the Menehune are hiding all around Aulani’s grounds. You can embark on a scavenger hunt to discover them and their magical powers…
- Waikolohe Stream: Nothing quite like relaxing on a Disney lazy river. The Waikolohe Stream lazy river takes you all around the Disney resort, and even includes a visit to a cave completely with bubbling water and smoke, just like you are in a volcano. Plus, Waikolohe Stream also features two fantastic water slides, Volcanic Vertical and Tubestone Curl. Ride Tubestone Curl to the bottom and it will launch you right into the lazy river, what a great way to spend a day dream afternoon.
- Relax on the Beach: We’re in Hawaii, so of course we have to spend some time on the beach! Aulani has peaceful palm-tree-studded sands with stunning vistas of the sea. There are beach rentals, games, and activities to participate in as well.
- Dine at ‘AMA’AMA: Our dream day at Aulani wouldn’t be complete without an upscale meal at Aulani’s open-air signature restaurant. Hawaiian heritage is present both in the theming and on the menu. Fish doesn’t get any fresher – and don’t forget to save room for dessert! I want to try the Lilikoi Mousse Meringue…
- Starlit Hui Luau: The luau that takes place every night on the Hālāwai Lawn is free to Aulani guests. Uncle is your host, introducing you to Hawaiian traditions and entertainment, hula, and some Disney friends!
- Watch the Sunset from Ka Maka Grotto: The family pool at Aulani features an infinity edge overlooking Ko Olina Beach. It’s the perfect place to relax and watch the sunset over the ocean…and just wait until after dark, when the ceiling and floor of the grotto are transformed by thousands of glimmering lights.
What is your favorite Aulani daydream?
If you are interested in going to Aulani, did you know there are discounts currently available? As of this writing, there is a discount for Fall, 2016 travel dates. Check our front page for current discounts.
The following two tabs change content below.
Mouseketrips is a Disney only travel agency. We specialize in booking Disney vacations for families all over the World. Contact Mouseketrips for a free, no obligation Disney Price Quote for your upcoming Disney vacation.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2024 Walt Disney World Vacations - May 31, 2023
- 2024 Adventures by Disney Discount - May 2, 2023
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Disney VISA Discount - April 25, 2023
- 2023 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - April 20, 2023
- Fall 2023 Aulani Discount - April 13, 2023
Leave a Reply