You’ll see PhotoPass cast member photographers roaming the parks at Walt Disney World and Disneyland. They’re happy to snap a photo of your party, and they can even take one with your camera; but when they’re using their camera, you never know when some extra pixie dust may appear in the picture! PhotoPass photographers can take “magic shots” that add unexpected Disney fun to your pose. Here are a few of our favorite magic shots to look for:
- Characters: Many magic shots involve Disney characters. Tinkerbell for instance is flittering all over the place and can be held in your hand in magic shots at all four parks (she looks a little different in each one!). Stitch popping up out of the pavement is another popular magic shot. If you dare to kiss a frog you can get a shot giving Naveen a smooch near Tiana’s meet and greet at the Magic Kingdom, and if you’re a Frozen fan, ask a PhotoPass photographer about dancing with Olaf in the snow. Sometimes the PhotoPass photographer will surprise you by adding a Disney friend in the photo without even telling you, but if there’s one you’re looking for in particular, be sure to ask!
- Animated Video Magic Shots: In some new magic shots, the characters aren’t just posing with you – they’re moving around and causing trouble! Tinkerbell, Sven, Sulley, and Baymax are a few of the faces who can appear in the animated magic shots. These come exclusively with the Memory Maker package. Memory Maker guests who are wearing their MagicBand while riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train can also get a photo and video of their ride through PhotoPass.
- Butterflies & Wings: At the Animal Kingdom park, some PhotoPass photographers can make a flock of butterflies appear, hovering in your hand. There’s another magic shot with wings at Epcot, but this one is difficult to find. Ask a PhotoPass cast member if they can add Tinkerbell wings to your back – this often looks better against a darker green background.
- Mickey Balloons: A shiny bunch of colorful Mickey balloons may magically appear in your outstretched hand in some magic shots. Depending on how you pose, it can even look like they’re carrying you away!
- Special Events: If you’re attending a special event at Disney World, be sure to be on the lookout for PhotoPass photographers and stop to get some specially themed magic shots. Spooky ghosts and poison apples may appear in photos taken at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (especially near the Haunted Mansion!), and you can use the force to send stormtroopers flying or battle Darth Vader in magic shots at Star Wars Weekends.
You can view your PhotoPass pictures and purchase digital copies or prints on the website. You can also purchase Memory Maker, which gives you digital copies of all the PhotoPass photos and ride photos from your trip as well as the animated magic shots. Memory maker costs $199, but you get a $30 discount if you purchase it at least 3 days before your trip.
Which is your favorite PhotoPass magic shot?