When you set sail on a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas or Caribbean, there’s a private island paradise waiting for you beyond the horizon: Castaway Cay. This is Disney’s own island, reserved just for Disney Cruise Line guests. It is down right magical, and the only way to get there is via a Disney Cruise.
With a whole day of fun in the sun before you, here are some Castaway Cay highlights:
- Beach Bum – Castaway Cay has three beaches – one for families, another for sports (with an exclusive space for teens!), and a third – Serenity Bay – for adults 18 and over. The sunny stretches of sand are perfect for tanning on a deck chair, lying in a hammock, or just relaxing. There are some fantastic water structures, Spring-a-Leak and Pelican Plunge, for the little oceaneers to play on and Scuttle’s Cove, a playground for the kid’s program.
- Play All Day – Take your pick from paddle boat, kayak, and snorkel rentals, special excursions, and a game pavilion with table tennis and giant chess. Check your Navigator itinerary for details on the Castaway Cay 5k run that takes place in the morning.
- Bike Ride – To really explore the island, rent a bike (it costs about $11 an hour) and set off on an adventure! Pedal down a wide, paved runway, wind through lush tropical plants, and find a secret stretch of crystal-clear sea.
- Time for Lunch – Cookie’s BBQ is the spot to refuel. They offer a spread of tasty picnic eats – hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and more – with ice cream and fresh seasonal fruit for dessert. You can also cool off with a cocktail at one of the four bars on the island.
- Shopping – Stop by the “She Sells Seashells…and Everything Else” shop to find lots of Castaway Cay exclusive merchandise. Forgot your sandcastle tools? No worries, you can pick up the perfect princess castle bucket here.
- Dance Up a Storm – Show off your moves at the afternoon character dance party. There are meet and greets with characters around the island throughout the day. Don’t forget to say hello to Captain Jack!
Be sure to check your Personal Navigator the night before your day on Castaway Cay to check out all the other schedule events on the island. Enjoy the beach!
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Current Disney Destination Status - September 22, 2020
- 2020 Southern US Disney World Discount - September 10, 2020
- 2020 Walt Disney World Fall Discount - September 1, 2020
- Fall 2021 Disney Cruises - July 23, 2020
- Florida Resident and Annual Passholder Summer Discounts - July 9, 2020