Rising against the sky at Disney California Adventure park in Disneyland Resort are the dramatic cliffs of Cars Land. Inspired by the Pixar movie, this immersive expansion opened in 2012 and is a big draw to fans of the film and ordinary guests alike. With plenty of exciting experiences and details to take in, here are my top Cars Land must-do’s:
- Radiator Springs Racers – This ride has it all – speed, thrills, incredible audio-animatronic characters, and stunning scenes that make you feel like you’ve driven straight into the movie. You’ll board your own Cars car for a drive around Ornament Valley, then it’s time to get ready for the big race! This is a must-try attraction for the entire family; be sure to grab a Fastpass (the distribution area is located just outside the entrance to Radiator Springs) as the lines can get very long. Fastpasses are usually gone within an hour of park opening, so this should be your first stop. The line may be a good 30 minutes long just to get a fastpass, but it will save your family hours later in the day.
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – That crazy tow truck is trying to keep the tractors under control in this spinning, whiplash attraction…this ride is not for the weak of stomach! You’ll dosey doe to a wonderfully cheesy soundtrack sung by Mater himself. Keep a look out for props from the Mater short films in the queue line!
- Flo’s V8 Café – Offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Flo’s knows how to serve tasty comfort food in style. Stop by for a shake and shimmy to Motown hits. You can sit in Doc’s surgery (his three Piston Cups are on display!) or admire the scenery and learn about Flo’s fabulous singing group, the Motorama Girls, in their themed seating area. The Cozy Cone Motel across the street also offers food to go.
- Cars Merchandise – If you’re wishing you could become a resident of Radiator Springs, there’s plenty of creative Cars Land merchandise to be had in the gift shops. Like everything else in Cars Land, the stores are straight out of the movie – you can stock up on Route 66 souvenirs at Lizzie’s Radiator Springs Curios or find a new look at Ramone’s House of Body Art.
- Meet the Cars – You never know who you’ll meet cruising through Radiator Springs. Lighting McQueen, Mater, and Red the Fire Truck often appear throughout the day (check your times guide!), and DJ’s Dance and Drive street dance party is a swinging good time…especially at night!
- Neon at Night – Cars Land at night is a sight to behold. Every evening after sunset, the entire town is lit in neon, and even the Ornament Valley cliffs in the distance glow in desert reds and oranges. A stroll through Radiator Springs to enjoy the lights and the tunes is the perfect way to end your Disney day.
Cars Land is set to get a brand new third attraction in early 2016, replacing Luigi’s Flying Tires. If you haven’t experienced Cars Land yet, it should be on your list!
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Early 2023 Disney Cruises - October 12, 2021
- 2021 Disneyland Fall Discount - September 23, 2021
- Winter 2022 Aulani Discount - September 21, 2021
- Walt Disney World Holiday 2021 Disney VISA Discount - September 14, 2021
- 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party - August 13, 2021