Most Disney destinations in the United States have announced adjusted change and cancellation policies due to the current threat of Coronavirus. We will keep this page updated as new information is released. Please find below the most up to date Disney Coronavirus cancellation policies.
Walt Disney World Coronavirus Cancellation Policy
Current as of March 13, 2020
Walt Disney World has closed all of their parks effective March 15, 2020 through the end of the month.
Walt Disney World Tickets
May I get a refund on my ticket?
Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a start date on or before March 31, 2020 will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020 you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.
Florida Resident Discover Disney Tickets may be used through July 31, 2020.
Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney Early Morning Magic from March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded.
How does the closure of Walt Disney World impact annual passes?
Walt Disney World annual passes will be extended by the number of days the parks are closed, March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020.
Walt Disney World Resorts
I have a future stay at a Disney Resort hotel while the park is closed. What does that mean for my vacation?
Guests who have not checked in for stays between March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020 may modify or cancel their Disney Resort room reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company package up to their original check-in date. If no action is taken, Disney will automatically process a refund to the original form of payment within seven days of the original check-in date. If you did not book through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.
What if I want to cancel a Disney Resort hotel reservation after the parks reopen?
We will waive all Disney imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in through June 30, 2020.
Disneyland Coronavirus Cancellation Policy
Current as of March 12, 2020
Disneyland will be closing both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure starting March 14. Both parks will be closed through the end of March. Downtown Disney will remain open.
- Until further notice, Disney will waive the Disney-imposed $50 change fee for Disneyland Resort packages.
- Guests may move their reservation to a future date in 2020.
- Changes are subject to availability, and the guest is responsible for paying any increase in price resulting from the change. In addition, any change fees assessed by third-party hotels or other suppliers must be paid, and some products or services may be non-refundable. If air transportation has been ticketed, the guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as any change fee assessed by the airline.
- For clients who purchased travel insurance, there is an updated policy in effect until further notice: Up to 24 hours prior to arrival, Guests may modify their arrival dates and maintain coverage under the protection policy as long as there is not a claim on the original travel dates.
- Some events and dining experiences may not be offered on the new dates and may be non-refundable.
- This temporary policy does not apply to changes made for groups, meetings, and other room block bookings.
- If a vacation is cancelled, all applicable cancellation fees continue to apply.
- To change (or cancel) reservations, please call the Disneyland Resort call center.
Disney Cruise Coronavirus Cancellation Policy
Current as of March 13, 2020
In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our guests and employees, Disney Cruise Line has decided to suspend all new departures beginning Saturday, March 14, 2020, through the end of the month. This precautionary measure applies to all four of Disney’s cruise ships.
Disney Cruise Line will offer guests affected by this decision a future cruise credit or a full refund, the details of which will be provided directly to them.
Currently cancelled cruises:
March 28-April 2
March 29-April 5
March 30- April 3
March 29-April 4
No additional cancellation dates have been announced.
Aulani Coronavirus Cancellation Policy
As of March 11, 2202, Aulani has not announced a special cancellation policy. I would expect to see one very shortly that should mirror the WDW and DL policies (waiver of fees, move travel to new 20202 dates).
If you have any questions about your upcoming Disney vacation, or possible future 2020 Disney vacation, please contact us here at Mouseketrips.