Disney • Pixar’s latest summer blockbuster, Inside Out, opened in theaters recently. To celebrate the release, both Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California have Inside-Out inspired attractions and offerings. Here’s where you can experience Riley’s emotions in the parks:
- The Animation Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Academy lets guests try their hand at drawing their favorite Disney characters, and now the Inside Out crew has been added to the list! The classes meet on the hour and half hour in the Magic of Disney Animation building, and while you can’t be sure which character will be drawn in a particular class, you can always make a request.
- Epcot is currently playing an Inside Out preview in the theater next to Journey into the Imagination (scheduled to close soon). The waiting area is filled with concept art, and just outside there’s an emotion garden with plants inspired by Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust!
- Over on the West Coast, Disney California Adventure park at Disneyland is offering special menu items inspired by the stars of Inside Out. There’s a “joyful” sweet Italian sausage and an “angry” spicy hot dog at Award Wieners, as well as a tumbler inspired by the movie.
- The Pixar Play Parade parties its way through Disney California Adventure every afternoon, and now it has a new pre-parade featuring Inside Out. The five emotions roll down the parade route and are so happy…and sad and angry and fearful and disgusted…to see you!
- Both Joy and Sadness characters were available for photos during the Inside Out movie previews on June 19, 2015 at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Rumor has it a meet and greet is coming shortly to the Imagination Pavillion at Epcot, and should feature all 5 main characters.
- Of course, there will also be plenty of Inside Out merchandise to fill your shopping desires throughout the parks.
Have you seen Inside Out yet?