Today, Disney Cruise Line announced additional information about their brand new ship, the Disney Wish. It looks incredible!
Check out some of the incredible new areas, restaurants and perks on the Disney Wish:
To “Swim”-finity and Beyond
Disney Cruise Line is taking fun in the sun to the next level onboard the Disney Wish with a brand-new family water attraction and three themed districts that offer dedicated space for families, children and adults alike.
Guests will be immersed in “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” animated shorts aboard the first-ever Disney attraction at sea, AquaMouse. Complete with show scenes, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises, this wild water ride is sure to delight everyone in the family as they zig, zag and zoom through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.
Families will have more pools, more deck space and more dining than ever before in an expansive district themed to Mickey and friends. In addition to AquaMouse, the area will feature six pools — spaciously staggered among tiered decks and surrounded by lounge chairs — and a fresh take on quick and casual fare with a festive character twist.
Little ones will delight in an all-new Toy Story-themed district designed especially for families with toddlers and young children. This whimsical water wonderland will include a splash zone, wading pool, family waterslide and smoothie bar.
Adults will indulge in sun-drenched serenity at Quiet Cove, a peaceful refuge dedicated to lounging, sipping and soaking. Set away from the bustle of family activities, this secluded adults-only district will feature a luxurious infinity pool, poolside bar and chic cafe.
Prepared and Served with Flair – A Culinary Cabaret
With the debut of three brand-new family dining concepts ranging from theatrical entertainment to cinematic adventure to sophisticated elegance, dinner on board the Disney Wish will be so much more than a meal – it will be a chance to interact with favorite Disney stories in exciting new ways.
Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure is Disney’s first “Frozen”-themed theatrical dining experience that will bring the world of Arendelle to life through immersive live entertainment — featuring favorite characters like Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf — and world-class cuisine infused with Nordic influences.
Worlds of Marvel is the first-ever Marvel cinematic dining adventure, where guests will play an interactive role in an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around them, complete with a worldly menu inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
1923, named for the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, is an elegant celebration of the company’s legacy, paying homage to the golden age of animation and offering a tasteful tribute to its Californian heritage with dishes inspired by the state’s unique fusion of cultural flavors.
A Whole New World of Family Entertainment
We’re combining innovative design, technology and storytelling to create immersive entertainment environments that will surround guests in Disney stories in new and unexpected ways on board the Disney Wish.
The Grand Hall will evolve from a fairytale gathering space into an environmental theater through the magic of built-in special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on a Disney ship. Dedicated shows and interactive entertainment will come to life all around the hall, putting guests front and center as they play a special role in the magic.
Luna is a brand-new entertainment hub that will transition from a daytime setting for family fun into an elegant evening venue for adult-exclusive entertainment, offering a variety of live shows and interactive programming throughout the day.
Hero Zone is a futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination during action-packed challenges and game show-style competitions for families to take on together.
The Walt Disney Theatre is an opulent show palace that will come alive with original Broadway-style stage productions developed exclusively for Disney Cruise Line.
The Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas are intimate screening rooms that will provide guests more options than ever to watch classic and first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and more.
In true Disney Cruise Line fashion, the Disney Wish will offer a robust menu of world-class entertainment throughout every voyage, including spectacular stage shows, exhilarating deck parties, one-of-a-kind character experiences, fun family activities, contemporary cabarets and more.
Imaginations, Assemble! Cool Clubs for Kids of All Ages
Children ages 3 to 12 will enter the captivating worlds of favorite Disney stories in the reimagined Disney’s Oceaneer Club, a real-life wonderland featuring more spaces and stories than ever before.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy is a high-tech Avengers headquarters where young “recruits” will train to be the next generation of Super Heroes with the help of their own heroes, like Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Fairytale Hall is a royal trio of activity rooms where princesses and princes will let their creativity shine at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library, and test newfound icy powers at Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab is a first-of-its-kind opportunity for kids to discover the secrets of Disney Imagineers with hands-on activities and inventive experiments.
For the littlest cruisers ages 6 months to 3 years, It’s a Small World Nursery will offer babysitting services in a whimsical environment inspired by the beloved Disney attraction of the same name.
Edge (ages 11 to 14) and Vibe (ages 14 to 17) are trendy hangouts where tweens and teens will chill and play in their own way, with dedicated programming designed to engage the unique interests of these age groups.
A Trove of Untold Treasures Exclusively for Adults
For the first time on a Disney ship, guests will embark on a space-jumping tour of the Star Wars galaxy at Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, a high-end bar styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship. This richly themed, immersive experience will be reserved for adults every evening, offering interactive tasting experiences and signature beverages inspired by destinations such as Batuu, Tatooine and Mustafar.
Guests will savor gourmet meals and exceptional beverages at an upscale suite of epicurean excellence exclusively for adults, inspired by the elegant icons of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Palo Steakhouse is an evolution of the Palo restaurant that Disney cruisers know and love, now combining the relaxed sophistication of authentic Italian dining with the classic refinement of a modern steakhouse in a genteel setting inspired by Cogsworth, the tale’s majordomo-turned-enchanted-clock.
- Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement will offer the most luxurious dining experience on board, featuring a gourmet menu crafted by the three-Michelin-starred chef. This romantic and intimate venue evokes the dazzling spirit of the film’s candelabra maitre d’, Lumiere.
- The Rose is a chic lounge at the entrance of Palo Steakhouse and Enchanté. Inspired by the fateful flower at the heart of the story, The Rose will be an idyllic setting for a pre-dinner aperitif or after-dinner cocktail.
Senses Spa is a tranquil oasis offering indulgent spa and beauty treatments, drawing on the serenity of natural elements to promote pampering and relaxation. The spa will feature private treatment rooms, lavish spa villas, and steam and aromatherapy rooms, while the reimagined Senses Fitness will offer state-of-the-art exercise and wellness facilities.
Other adult-exclusive spaces onboard the Disney Wish will include the Quiet Cove pool district; a variety of gourmet cafes, relaxed bars and upscale lounges; and more.
Artful Accommodations Where Dreams Do Come True
With an all-new look and feel steeped in enchantment and inspired by dreamy Disney stories, every stateroom on board the Disney Wish will be a luxurious, peaceful retreat designed with ample room for families, plenty of storage and upscale amenities. Most will feature Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bathroom concept for utmost comfort and function.
The Disney Wish will elevate the concierge experience with more than double the number of premium concierge staterooms and suites, including Disney’s first-ever staterooms located above the bridge, boasting floor-to-ceiling windows that reveal breathtaking ocean views overlooking the bow of the ship. An exclusive lounge with private sun deck will be the perfect place for concierge guests to relax, sip a cocktail, and enjoy a premium level of dedicated service throughout the voyage.
The Disney Wish will also debut four royal suites – richly adorned, lavishly appointed suites that accommodate up to six guests and feature extravagant details and first-class amenities. These include a pair of two-story suites, the first of their kind within the Disney fleet, which will feature stunning statement pieces like an elegant spiral staircase and a spectacular two-deck-high stained-glass frieze.
Disney Wish Summer 2022 Sail Dates
Disney has finally released available sail dates for the Disney Wish during Summer, 2022. The following cruises will be available to book on the dates listed below:
- 5-Night Bahamian Inaugural Cruise – June 9, 2022
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise – June 17, 24, July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12, 19, 26, September 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, 2022
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise – June 20, 27, July 4, 11, 18, 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, September 5, 12, 19, 26
All cruises on the Disney Wish will sail from Port Canaveral, Florida and will make stops in Nassau, Bahamas and Disney’s Castaway Cay.
The Disney Wish is Setting Sail Summer 2022
The Disney Wish will sail its maiden voyage — a five-night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay — on June 9, 2022, followed by an inaugural season of three- and four-night cruises to the same destinations from Port Canaveral, Florida. Bookings are available as follows:
- Monday, May 17, 2021 – Platinum Castaway Club Members with 25+ sailings completed
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021 – Platinum Castaway Club Members with 20+ sailings completed
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 – Platinum Castaway Club Members with 15+ sailings completed
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 – All Platinum Castaway Club Members
- Monday, May 24, 2021 – All Gold Castaway Club Members
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021 – Disney Vacation Club members and Adventures by Disney Insiders
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021 – All Silver Castaway Club Members
- Thursday, May 27, 2021 – Bookings open for all Guests
Please note, it is expect that the June 9, 2022 inaugural sailing will be in high demand, and will have special payment and cancelation conditions.
- A 20%, non-refundable deposit must be paid by 11:59 p.m. the day of booking.
- Even though the Maiden Voyage will be five nights, final payment will follow the existing policy for sailings of six nights or more: final payment for suites and concierge staterooms is due 150 days prior to departure; for all other stateroom categories, final payment is due 120 days prior.
- The cancellation fee schedule, however, will follow the policy for 1- to 5-night sailings. This means a 50% cancellation fee 44-30 days out; a 75% cancellation fee 29-15 days out, and a 100% cancellation fee 14 days or fewer from departure.
There are other restrictions on the Maiden Voyage to be aware of. No date changes will be allowed – you must cancel and rebook. For early bookings, the Castaway Club member must remain on the reservation. There are no discounts, and you may not use future cruise credit or onboard offers as payment for this sailing.
Dates for the Disney Wish after June 14 have not yet been announced. Once posted, this page will be updated with cruise options.
If you would like to get a quote for a fantastic Summer 2022 Disney Cruise on the Disney Wish, please feel free to contact us for a free, no-obligation Mouseketrips quote.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Winter 2022 Aulani Discount - September 21, 2021
- Walt Disney World Holiday 2021 Disney VISA Discount - September 14, 2021
- 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party - August 13, 2021
- Disney Cruises to restart August 9, 2021 - July 23, 2021
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser - July 19, 2021