Disneyland, which has been closed since mid-March due to the ongoing pandemic, as finally announced an opening date. You may recognize this date, July 17. Disneyland officially opened for business on July 17, 1955, and Disneyland will reopen on its 65th anniversary, July 17, 2020.
The various locations of Disneyland will open in phases:
- Downtown Disney District will reopen on July 9, 2020
- Both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure will reopen on July 17, 2020
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will reopen on July 23, 2020
- No information has been released when the Disneyland Hotel will reopen.
Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, the Disneyland Resort will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system, similar to Walt Disney World, that will require all guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability. More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
At this time, there will also be a temporary pause on new ticket sales and Annual Passport sales and renewals. Additional details will be available soon.
Once approved, the Disneyland Resort will reopen with enhanced health and safety measures. In addition, a Guest Experience Team will be available throughout the parks and Downtown Disney District to assist guests with questions regarding these new policies.
Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date. While character meet and greets will be temporarily unavailable, characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight guests.
Additional information on enhanced health and safety measures and operational changes for reopening locations will be shared soon. These policies are under continuous review and are subject to change as the Disneyland Resort monitors conditions and receives guidance from health and government authorities.
If you would like information on booking a vacation to Disneyland, please contact us here at Mouseketrips for a no-obligation price quote.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Current Disney Destination Status - September 22, 2020
- 2020 Southern US Disney World Discount - September 10, 2020
- 2020 Walt Disney World Fall Discount - September 1, 2020
- Fall 2021 Disney Cruises - July 23, 2020
- Florida Resident and Annual Passholder Summer Discounts - July 9, 2020