In early 2015, Disneyland closed the ever buggy Luigi’s Flying Tires, it just never worked quite like Disney imagineers expected. Ironically, the ride was based on the short lived Flying Saucers attraction located in Disneyland’s Tomorrowland during the early 60’s, and had suffered the same fate 50 years earlier.
So, it appears that Luigi has invited his cousins from Carsoli, Italy, to Radiator Springs for a special celebration to open the brand new Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters, scheduled to open March 7, 2016 at Disney California Adventure park.
Each dancing car will have its own high-spirited personality and signature dance moves – making every ride unpredictable, as you won’t know which way they will turn and spin next! Take a look at how Imagineering created this carefully choreographed dance in this behind-the-scenes videoIn this all-new attraction, Luigi will turn the tire storage yard behind his Casa Della Tires into a dance floor! Cars Land guests will be able to ride along with Luigi’s cousins as they move and spin to upbeat Italian music, performing the traditional dances of their hometown village.
The Cousins from Carsoli, Italy
- A “roadster” is an open-top automobile that seats two. While Luigi is a Fiat 500, his cousins are an automobile brand invented by Walt Disney Imagineering, called Frizzante, which had never been seen on Route 66. Now, they are exclusive to Cars Land.
- Half of Luigi’s cousins are male, and half are female. Guests may identify them by the front-end chrome grill “moustache” on the male roadsters.
- All of Luigi’s family members have their own names and unique looks—except for two coral-colored cars. Although they are identical sisters, guests may notice that Rosa has green eyes, and Gina has blue eyes.
- The cars have Italian license plates representing the place of their registration: their hometown of Carsoli, Italy.
- Each roadster performs his or her own routine, offering a different ride experience depending on which car a guest boards and which song is playing
- “Rollick” means to behave in a jovial and exuberant fashion.
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is the first Disney attraction in the United States with a trackless ride system.
- Guests will enjoy spinning, turning and gliding across the track as the energetic roadsters perform their routines. The ride experience is also fun to watch, as the cars interact and dance together.
- The cousins need a lot of “vrooom” to demonstrate the dances of their village. The trackless “dance floor” behind Luigi’s Casa della Tires is approximately 125 feet long and 70 feet wide.
- Luigi is such a huge fan of Italian Formula Racer, Francesco Bernoulli from the Disney•Pixar film Cars 2, that he created a very special moment in his garden to showcase an “Autopiary” of his legendary hero.
- In honor of his cousins coming over to Cars Land for a glorious day of dancing, Luigi ordered the Fettuccini tire company’s newest model in dancing tires, the “Danza.” Around the queue and Casa della Tires, guests will see posters and banners sent from Fettuccini to go with Luigi’s order.
- In addition to dancing, Luigi and his cousins also sing vocals for the songs heard on the attraction. Guests may hear these songs:
- “Rollicking Night and Day” – sung by Luigi himself
- “Mambo Italiano” – sung by cousin Rosetta
- “The Tire-antella” – with call outs from Luigi
- “Eh, Cumpari” – sung by cousin Lou
- “Funiculi Funicula” – with call outs from Luigi
Are you excited to see a new ride at Disney California Adventure?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Disney Cruises to restart August 9, 2021 - July 23, 2021
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser - July 19, 2021
- Walt Disney World Florida Resident Discount – Summer 2021 - July 7, 2021
- Fall 2022 Disney Cruises - June 17, 2021
- 2021 Disneyland Summer Discount - June 15, 2021