Several months ago, Walt Disney World announced Rivers of Light, a new night time water show that was to be the center of entertainment for night time hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, and it was set to debut April 22, 2016. Last week, Walt Disney World announced that Rivers of Light and all other night time events in Animal Kingdom would be postponed without any further clarification. There have been rumors of barges sinking, special effects not working and the show just not being ready to be put on daily. Well, we finally have our answer to what will be going on in Disney’s Animal Kingdom at night.
Starting this Memorial Day Weekend, guests will be able to enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom in a whole new way – after the sun goes down! Whether it’s riding Kilimanjaro Safaris at sunset, venturing down Kali River Rapids at twilight, dancing alongside African performers in Harambe, or reveling in a live musical celebration of Disney’s hit film “The Jungle Book,” park guests have a lot to look forward to.
Here’s a taste of what to expect during Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Night
- “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” Show – For the summer, Discovery River will become the stage for a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film “The Jungle Book.” “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” is filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence.
- The Tree of Life Awakens – Disney Parks Blog author Thomas Smith previously shared the first look at this amazing sight, in which the park’s iconic Tree of Life undergoes an extraordinary “awakening.” You can expect to see animal spirits come to life throughout the evening by magical fireflies. Each scene appears to emanate from within the tree itself and reveals stories of wonder.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark – Guests can enjoy Kilimanjaro Safaris in the evening hours, thanks to special lighting that will allow guests to explore the savanna – and its inhabitants – well into the night.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti – Guests can turn into “party animals” at the Harambe Wildlife Parti and enjoy lively African music, exotic foods and drinks, and explore the local marketplace.
- Discovery Island Carnivale – On Discovery Island, guests can join the local community in their celebration of their love for nature in this party that features music, dancers, stilt walkers, food and more.
- Tiffins – Guests can enjoy the park’s newest eatery, Tiffins, for both lunch and dinner. Check out this previous post for a peek at what to expect from the menu.
- Nighttime Attractions – The park’s attractions, which will be operating in the nighttime hours, will take on a whole new life. For the first time, guests will be able to experience the thrill of attractions like Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids – surrounded by darkness. They’ll also be able to enjoy colorful midway games and attractions in DinoLand, U.S.A.
So, the night time party will go on with our without Rivers of Light. It looks as though the temporary Jungle Book show will take place all Summer, and at some point we may or may not see Rivers of Light in the Animal Kingdom.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2020 Adventures by Disney Discounts - January 28, 2020
- 2021 Star Wars and Marvel Day at Sea Return to Disney Cruise - January 23, 2020
- 2021 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount - January 22, 2020
- 2020 Aulani Disney Visa Discount - January 10, 2020
- 2020 Disneyland Discounted Child Tickets - January 7, 2020