A new eatery has opened in Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, Harambe Market. Animal Kingdom has long suffered at the lack of quality lunch restaurants. The addition of Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes a few years ago was a good addition. Now if Disney could just do something about Pizzafari.
Harambe Market, a bustling marketplace alive with the aromas and flavors of African street foods, adds an exciting new dimension to the expanded Harambe Village experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park in Walt Disney World Resort.
Built around a Colonial-era train depot design complete with a 1960s water tower, Harambe Market invites your Clients to sample true flavors of Africa before or after they embark on Kilimanjaro Safaris. The following four themed shops offer fresh meals, snacks and beverages like those found in an African street market:
- Kitamu Grill featuring skewered chicken and kebab flatbread sandwich.
- Famous Sausages showcasing a corndog made with a South African boerewors sausage dipped in curry-infused corn batter.
- Chef Mwanga’s spice-rubbed Karubi Rib paired with green papaya-carrot slaw.
- Wanjohi Refreshments quenches thirsts with craft draft beers, South African wines by the glass, sangria, frozen drinks, non-alcoholic tangerine lemonade and fountain beverages.
Harmabe Market offers shaded tables for dining, and area shops sell wares from Africa. And from the marketplace, you can enjoy direct access to Kilimanjaro Safaris, the Wildlife Express train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch and a path to Asia attractions, including Expedition Everest.
Harambe Market is on the Disney Dining plan. Meals are available by using a Quick Service Dining Plan credit. Plentiful snack options are available as well.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Early 2023 Disney Cruises - October 12, 2021
- 2021 Disneyland Fall Discount - September 23, 2021
- Winter 2022 Aulani Discount - September 21, 2021
- Walt Disney World Holiday 2021 Disney VISA Discount - September 14, 2021
- 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party - August 13, 2021