Since the launch of FastPass years ago, it has been a very equitable offer by Disney. It didn’t matter where you were staying, how expensive your Disney resort was or if you are a local and in the parks for the day, everyone had the same access to FastPasses. Now, Disney does give all Disney resorts guest access to booking FastPasses before other guests, but they get the same amount each day (3).
At least for a trial period, things are changing. Beginning Friday, January 12, 2018, Guests staying in rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels that are eligible for Disney Signature Services (guests staying in suites or club level rooms at Walt Disney World Deluxe Resorts) and who have purchased a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a Theme Park Ticket Extra for $50 plus tax per Guest per day as part of a new, limited pilot program to receive the following:
- Three additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited.
- The opportunity to reserve these three additional FastPass+ selections in more than one theme park when a valid Park Hopper option is also purchased with the ticket.
- A booking window of up to 90 days in advance for these three additional FastPass+ selections and the ability to book them at multiple top-tier attractions. Guests may not repeat the same FastPass+ attraction during a single day.
- Preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars, one per day, including Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom Park, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot, Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Rivers of Light at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Advanced reservation is required and availability of each nighttime spectacular preferred viewing location is limited.
All theme park Guests with valid theme park admission continue to receive up to three FastPass+ selections at a single park per day at no extra charge, as well as additional day-of in-park selections that may be reserved and redeemed one-at-a-time after those initial three selections are redeemed.
Please note, this is a trial, and may become permanent at some point in the future, or may go away similar to the Disney Express Transportation option that was offered in 2017. Also remember that this effects a VERY small number of people, and it is VERY expensive.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- New Pavilion, Entrance coming to Epcot - February 21, 2019
- 2020 Star Wars and Marvel Day at Sea Return to Disney Cruise - January 31, 2019
- Disneyland Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures - January 29, 2019
- 2020 Adventures by Disney Rhine River Cruise - January 24, 2019
- 2019 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - January 15, 2019