For anyone that makes an effort to get to the Magic Kingdom before opening times knows that each day starts with a show, the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show. It takes place on the train high up at the Main Street Train Station platform. It is a fun little show and a great way to start your day at the Magic Kingdom. Starting on January 9, 2017 however, Walt Disney World is doing away with the Magic Kingdom Welcome Show.
Beginning January 9, 2017 you will be allowed to enter the Main Street, U.S.A. area of the park even earlier than the park’s scheduled opening time. This will allow you time to savor the charm of Main Street, U.S.A., enjoy breakfast or a warm drink at the Main Street Bakery featuring Starbucks. Then promptly at opening, a new welcome show will officially open the park for the day on the Castle Forecourt Stage. A Royal Herald will appear to deliver a proclamation and welcome a few familiar characters to the stage, officially opening the park so “the magic can begin!”
What do you think of this change and the new Magic Kingdom opening show?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2019 Adventures by Disney Seine River Cruise Discount - August 21, 2019
- Walt Disney World Mid-Day Magic Tickets - August 15, 2019
- 2020 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount - July 30, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World Ultimate Christmas Package - July 25, 2019
- 2019 Disneyland Summer Discount - July 23, 2019