Having just returned from the regular Italy Adventure by Disney last week, I can tell you personally that this trip is down right fantastic. The private tour of the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel is something you will be able to brag about for the rest of your life, and the Fattoria Poggio Alloro farm is one of my most favorite days ever. Pair this incredible Italian adventure with classic movies, you could have an all time winner.
Are you a classic movie buff? Have you ever dreamed of living la dolce vita in Italy? This summer, Adventures by Disney is offering a special departure of its Italy vacation, visiting Rome, Florence, Tuscany and Venice, that highlights many of your favorite classic films shot in this remarkable country. Built in conjunction with Turner Classic Movies (TCM), this unique adult-exclusive 8-day, 7-night trip will run August 11 – 18, 2017.
Join fellow movie lovers for a unique and unforgettable journey through one of the most cinematic locations on earth. Here you’ll explore Italy in unique ways, such as enjoying an exclusive after-hours tour of the Sistine Chapel, and of the Sistine Chapel, and savoring pasta during a private cooking workshop in the Chianti wine-growing region.
Exclusive to this TCM departure are several activities, including a private tour of Cinecittà studios, where you’ll stroll through several Ancient Rome movie sets featured in famous films like Ben-Hur, Roman Holiday and The Godfather: Part III, to name a few. You’ll also delight in a private screening at the Palazzina Fellini.
In Florence, visit the Ferragamo Museum and explore the Italian designer’s 90-year history. You’ll soon discover why this fashion icon is still a favorite among Hollywood royalty!
Highlights of the TCM Adventure by Disney
- Private After-Hours Tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel – Experience an exclusive after-hours, privately guided tour of the Vatican Museum—home to masterpieces by the greatest artists in history in a collection spanning 4000 years. Also, be guided by a local expert through the Sistine Chapel where you can get an intimate look at Michelangelo’s magnificent achievement.
- Private Tour of Cinecittà & Screening – Enjoy a private tour of the Cinecittà studios where you’ll stroll through several Ancient Rome movie sets featured in famous films like Ben-Hur, Roman Holiday and The Godfather: Part III to name a few. Then sit back and relax as you take in a private screening at the Palazzina Fellini.
- Explore Florence & Ferragamo Museum – Explore all that Florence has to offer on privately guided visits of the city’s famed sights such as Michelangelo’s David, the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio and more. Hear about movies shot on location and cap the day off with a visit to the Ferragamo Museum as you explore the Italian designer’s 90-year history. You’ll soon discover why this fashion icon is still a favorite among Hollywood royalty.
- Fattoria Poggio Alloro — Pasta-Making Activity – Travel by coach to Fattoria Poggio Alloro—a working farm with its own winery—located in the heart of the Chianti wine-growing region. Be welcomed by the chef, who will lead you in a fun pasta-making activity. And take in the spectacular views of the medieval towers of San Gimignano, a fortified hilltop town, standing on a nearby hilltop.
- See Venice as the Venetians do – Upon your arrival in Venice, be serenaded as you explore the City of Canals by gondola, the traditional mode of Venetian transportation. Travel near the Rialto Bridge, gliding along the famed Grand Canal on a private tour of this floating city.
- Tragicomica — Venetian Carnevale Mask-Making – Take a scenic walk through the heart of Venice and head to Tragicomica—a shop where you can participate in a private, hands-on workshop in the art of mask-making under the guidance of an artisan. And create a masquerade masterpiece of your own!
Please note, this is an adults only trip, you must be 18 or older in order to go. Since this is a one time trip, it will fill up very quickly. Please contact us here at Mouseketrips for more information or pricing.
If you would like to get a quote or more information about booking this special TCM Adventures by Disney in Italy, please feel free to contact us for a free, no obligation Mouseketrips quote.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2019 Adventures by Disney Seine River Cruise Discount - August 21, 2019
- Walt Disney World Mid-Day Magic Tickets - August 15, 2019
- 2020 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount - July 30, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World Ultimate Christmas Package - July 25, 2019
- 2019 Disneyland Summer Discount - July 23, 2019