Guests staying at a Walt Disney World resort hotel have more than just a fun room to come back to at the end of a Disney day – the resorts also offer a variety of amenities and some incredible pools. For the ultimate in watery resort fun, look no further than Stormalong Bay. This is a 3-acre deluxe water playground exclusively for the use of guests at Disney’s Beach and Yacht Club Resorts. Make sure you wear your MagicBand, as cast members will be checking for resort ID at various points throughout the pool area.
Stormalong Bay is one of the main reasons I love staying at the Beach Club. The rooms are great, and you can’t beat the location, within walking distance of Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and of course, the Boardwalk. But it is so nice to have your own water park right at the hotel, no need to board a bus and wait in the long lines at the Disney water parks.
So, what are my favorite parts of Stormalong Bay?
- Shipwreck Slide: From all around Crescent Lake, you can spot a giant pirate ship wrecked on the beach. Guests at the Yacht and Beach Clubs can mount the mast of the galleon to zip down the 230-ft slide. The entrance is just across the walkway from the main Stormalong Bay area, and the shipwreck’s deck has a mini slide and pool for the little buccaneers.
- Kiddie Pool: Younger guests can enjoy a sprawling shallow pool with a sandy bottom. Bring your spade a shovel – this is the perfect place for building a sand castle!
- Water Activities: With waterfalls and a spiraling whirlpool, there’s always something going on at Stormalong Bay. Every Disney hotel offers a festive line-up of afternoon poolside games, trivia, and activities – pick up a recreation flyer to find all the times and details. When it’s time to refuel after a game of pool volleyball, Hurricane Hanna’s – the pool bar and grill – is just steps away.
- Kick Back and Relax: Climb up to the elevated sun deck to lie in the sun and work on your tan. You can also enjoy one of three Jacuzzi spas or grab an inner tube and float beneath the palm trees, drifting along with the current. Not many hotel pools come complete with a lazy river!
What is your favorite part of Stormalong Bay?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Disney Cruise Line Transportation and Dining Price Increases - December 14, 2018
- WDW January – April 2019 Florida Resident Discount - November 29, 2018
- 2019 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount - November 26, 2018
- 2019 Disneyland Ticket Discount - November 20, 2018
- Winter 2019 Aulani Discount - November 9, 2018