Everyone loves a cool treat in the Magic Kingdom, especially during those hot and humid months. From frosty ice cream and flavorful cooling drinks to fresh-fruit-topped treats, Disney has something for every taste and preference when the summer heat arrives.
- A delight to the eye and the tastebuds, chocolate coated vanilla ice cream on a stick, the Mickey Bar is a summer favorite. You can pick one up at any number of ice cream carts set at strategic locations around the park. Have your camera ready to take a family photo with this iconic ice cream – because the kids can’t wait to bite off their first ear! (This is a good thing on a hot day, because broken slabs of chocolate will start falling off fast in the sun!)
- At both Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square and the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA, gourmet ice cream sandwiches are served on a pair of fresh baked cookies. The type of cookie and flavor of ice cream vary with the season and location, so there’s always something new to try! (Such as pumpkin ice cream at Sleepy Hollow and Halloween themed sugar cookies in October.) The cookie ice cream sandwiches all share one thing in common – they’re delicious! Consider scoping out a shady area with available seating BEFORE you make your purchase – because ice cream melts outside in the Florida sun as quickly as FastPasses are gobbled up for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. You’ll find some shade in the seating area for Sleepy Hollow. The section of umbrella-covered tables outside the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor has been expanded, but it can still fill up with guests waiting for a table inside the Plaza Restaurant next door.
- Not far from the Plaza area is Tomorrowland Terrace (where you can grab an ice cold, but not particularly indulgent, Greek Yogurt!). The Terrace almost always has shady seating during the day. If you’re in search of air conditioning, Pinocchio Village Haus now features iced mocha and iced French vanilla latte as well as a blue raspberry slushy.
- Head over to Adventureland on a quest for one of the Magic Kingdom’s signature frozen concoctions: the Citrus Swirl. In addition to the famous Citrus Swirl (a vortex of orange slush and vanilla soft serve ice cream), the Sunshine Tree Terrace offers both Raspberry-Lemonade and Piña Colada Slushies.
- Meanwhile, Aloha Isle offers not only their legendary Dole Whip (pineapple juice soft serve) and Pineapple Float, but also chilled, fresh-cut pineapple spears as well as pineapple juice (served in a souvenir Tiki Mug). (Note that Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace have swapped locations!) Filled with chilled pineapple juice back home, that Tiki Mug might just transport you, eyes closed, right back to Adventureland!
- Over in Tomorrowland, Auntie Gravity’s serves up delicious smoothies (strawberry or raspberry) and soft-serve sundaes. Nearby, the Lunching Pad has frozen Fanta Blue-Raspberry on tap. Having chosen your beverage, look for a table under Rockettower Plaza.
- Or duck into the air-conditioned comfort of Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (if you haven’t chosen the height of the crowded lunch or dinner hours!). Here you can watch Sonny Eclipse do his set while you enjoy your ice cream or Cosmic Ray’s own strawberry lemonade slushy.
- A more elegant retreat to find a refreshing treat and a respite from the heat is the Be Our Guest restaurant during the breakfast or lunch periods. (Dinner there is, of course, only table service.) An Advanced Dining Reservation is advisable even at breakfast or lunch, so this isn’t necessarily a plan you would make spontaneously. But if you’re walking by and feeling the need of a recharge, see how long the line is! You’re not required to order an entree – you can just go in for dessert. The rooms are soothingly cool and mysteriously dim, as you’d expect to find in a castle! The Lemon Meringue Cupcake, the Raspberry Cream Puff, and the Éclair à l’Orange (custard Filling with zested orange and chocolate ganache) are all refreshing choices. You can also cool down with a fountain beverage in a light up Castle Goblet or souvenir Be Our Guest Cup. In addition to recharging your batteries with a cool treat, you’ll have had the fun of being the guest of the Beast for a quick visit – and without breaking your budget!
- A hop, skip, and a jump from Be Our Guest in New Fantasyland is Gaston’s Tavern where you can find a zesty frozen apple juice libation called LeFou’s Brew. Served in a souvenir goblet or stein, it teases with a hint of toasted marshmallow and a zing of passion fruit-mango foam. As irresistible as Gaston thinks he is!
- If you’re waiting for the Festival of Fantasy parade on Main Street USA, you could pop in to Casey’s Corner for a Lemonade Slushy in a Casey’s Batter Up! souvenir cup. (Be sure you’ve chosen a parade viewing spot on the same shady side of the street where you’ll find Casey’s!)
Wherever you find yourself in the Magic Kingdom, you’re only steps away from multiple forms of cool-down refreshment. We’re ready for you, summer!
What is your favorite cool treat in the Magic Kingdom?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2022 Disneyland Fall Discount - September 21, 2022
- Winter 2023 Aulani Discount - September 13, 2022
- Walt Disney World 2022 December Discount – Disney + - September 8, 2022
- 2023 Disney Cruise Kids Sail Free – Disney + - September 7, 2022
- Fall 2023 Disney Cruises - July 27, 2022