Whenever I enter the Castillo del Morro at the Magic Kingdom and ride the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, I find myself tempted to start talking like a pirate. But if you want to look as well as sound the part, Adventureland has you covered: the Pirates League is recruiting.
The Pirates League is like a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for buccaneers. The Pirates Leagues isn’t just for little boys. Maybe you have a little girl that really isn’t into princesses, or a dad who is itching to play Jack Sparrow for a day. Guests of all ages are welcome to participate in this makeover experience, and I’ve seen entire families transformed into a pirate crew! When you arrive at the Pirates League, you’re greeted by very in-character cast members, and you start by choosing your pirate name. The space where the makeovers happen is incredibly themed with gilded mirrors, leather chairs, stolen loot, and jewels and maps everywhere.
There are a variety of swashbuckling styles to chose from – from a Captain Hook mustache to a rugged Jack Sparrow look to a full on skeleton face or a look inspired by Jake and the Never Land Pirates. Each new pirate gets a sword and scabbard sash as well as a bandana and eye patch. There are options for the girls too: a bejeweled “empress” makeup look and a stunning and sparkly “mermaid” transformation.
When you’re finished, you’ll take a pirate oath and have a chance to pose for some pictures (they cost extra if you want to purchase them) in the treasure room. It’s a good idea to make a reservation in advance, and can by made by calling 407-WDW-CREW. Most packages cost $30-$45, though you can spend quite a bit more with photos and additional props, so be aware of the prices before you say “ay matey”.
A few Pirate League Tips from the Mouseketrips insiders:
- Book your time early in the day to give your little pirate time to enjoy their day as a pirate. In order to get an early time, you must book this early in your planning, it does fill up.
- Consider bringing a pirate outfit with you from home. While Disney does sell really cool stuff, it is pricey. Plus, do you really want to spend $45 for only half of the effect?
- Check back later for the parade. Every single Pirates League customer gets to take part in the daily Adventureland Parade, held every day at 4:10 PM.
Yo Ho Yo Ho – will it be a pirates life for you?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Current Disney Destination Status - September 22, 2020
- 2020 Southern US Disney World Discount - September 10, 2020
- 2020 Walt Disney World Fall Discount - September 1, 2020
- Fall 2021 Disney Cruises - July 23, 2020
- Florida Resident and Annual Passholder Summer Discounts - July 9, 2020