Everybody loves a trip to the beach: the sand in your toes, the crash of the waves, the palm trees swaying gently in the wind. Plus, everyone loves a trip to Disney. If you like your fun in the sun to have a dash of magic in it, here are our top ten different Disney Beaches to enjoy on your next Disney vacation.
Top 10 Disney Beaches
- Grand Floridian Resort – The Grand Floridian is located on the Seven Seas Lagoon, and it has a sandy white beach for guests to enjoy. You can’t swim in the water, but you can still play in the sand or relax in a deck chair and work on your tan.
- Clementine’s Beach – Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground has a beach area next to its marina on the shores of Bay Lake. It has a volleyball court, shady trees, and hammocks. The Electrical Water Pageant passes by here each evening at 9:45pm.
- Caribbean Beach Resort –When you stay at Caribbean Beach, no matter which of the six, brightly-colored “villages” your room is in (each one is named after a different tropical island), you’ll find a beach area not too far away. All along the Barefoot Bay waterway, there are deck chairs for lounging beneath the palm trees. You can also set sail on a pirate cruise or roast marshmallows at a beach campfire.
- Blizzard Beach – Blizzard Beach lets you have a beach day in the…snow? The story is that this wacky water park got caught in a blizzard, and the “snow” is still melting in the many pools and waterslides.
- Typhoon Lagoon – If you’re looking to swim in tidal waves at Walt Disney World, you can head to the big surf pool at Typhoon Lagoon water park which produces up to six-foot swells. Other watery adventures include a shark reef and a water slide roller coaster!
- Vero Beach Resort – This Disney Vacation Club resort’s beach is located in Florida but not at Disney World! It’s along the coast about two hours South of the parks. The beach is quiet and relaxing, turtles sometimes build their nests in the sand, and the sunsets across the ocean are beautiful.
- Stormalong Bay – The impressive pool area at the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts features a sand-bottomed play pool for the little ones that feels like a beach. Lots of kids bring spades and shovels to build sandcastles in the play areas.
- Yacht & Beach Club – Just outside Stormalong Bay at the Yacht & Beach Club, there’s a pirate ship wrecked on the beach of Crescent Lake, but luckily no buccaneers will disturb you as you enjoy the palm trees and lounge chairs and watch the friendships crossing the water or watch a movie under the stars.
- Polynesian Village – This beach ranks high on our list because right across the water you can see Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom! Plus you have a soundtrack of tropical tiki music as you’re swinging on the sand or strolling beneath the palm trees. This beach comes with nightly entertainment; you can see Wishes across the water as well as the Electrical Water Pageant.
- Castaway Cay –Castaway Cay is a stop on Disney Cruises in the Bahamas and the Caribbean. It’s Disney’s own private island, and it’s a beach-lover’s dream! You can play in the sea on three different beaches, set up camp beneath the candy-colored umbrellas on the sand, swing in a hammock, or enjoy a variety of ocean excursions.
Please note: Many of the water areas at Walt Disney World are out of bounds, since the danger of alligators and other water bound reptiles is high, even in the middle of a theme park. While the beaches are fantastic to enjoy, don’t plan on going in the water.
Where is your favorite spot for Disney beach activities?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Disney Villains After Hours – Magic Kingdom - April 18, 2019
- Disneyland Oogie Boogie Bash - April 17, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World and Disneyland Guest Policy Changes - March 28, 2019
- 2019 Disneyland Spring Savings - March 19, 2019
- 2019 Disney VISA Spring Walt Disney World Discount - March 8, 2019