The Walt Disney World Value resorts are perfect for those families looking to visit the Mouse on a budget. Think they have nothing special to offer? Think again! Each Walt Disney World resort has it’s own unique decor and amenities and the value category of resorts are sure to not disappoint!
Disney’s All-Star Resorts are the perfect option for families looking to stay on-site at Walt Disney World – without breaking the bank. There are currently (3) resorts in the All-Star lineup, but I’m going to share with you my favorite – All-Star Movies. All-Star Movies is the newest of the All-Star Resorts, boasting (10) themed buildings housing a total of 1,920 guest rooms. There are recreation options here for adults and kids alike!
Here is my list on the top 10 things you must check out at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort.
- Take a dip in one of the two pools – the Mighty Duck themed Duck Pond Pool or the main Fantasia Pool. At the main Fantasia Pool you can find a larger-than-life Sorcerer Mickey water fountain for added pool fun. Beside the main pool are two water play areas for the younger Mouseketeers. Here you’ll find a kiddie pool and smaller water play area. Need a life jacket? They can be found on the pool deck!
- Kids can run, climb, slide and run off some energy at the playground located between the Toy Story Building 9 and Cinema Hall.
- Grab a meal or snack at World Premiere Food Court. Here you’ll find (5) food stations serving items ranging from pizza, pasta and ice cream to other traditional favorites. You can dine in for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Find your perfect souvenir at Donald’s Double Feature shop located in Cinema Hall.
- Take a walk or run along the 1 mile path connecting all (3) All-Star Resorts.
- Take a break in the Reel Fun Arcade also located in Cinema Hall. Have a Magic Your Way package? Then you’ll check-in with 100 FREE game points already at your fingertips.
- Grab a drink at Silver Screens Spirits Bar. Non-alcoholic and alcoholic favorites are on the menu at this pool side bar.
- Catch a Disney movie under the stars beside Fantasia Pool. Movies are shown 7 days a week so you’re sure to not miss out!
- Ask for a Recreational Activities Guide and join in fun activities such as the Disney Jr. Pool Party, Hula Hoop Contests, Trivia, Lawn Games and MORE! All of these are FREE to All-Star Movie Resort guests.
- Take a picture with a larger than life replica of Herbie the Love Bug, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Pongo, Perdita, and the Sorcerer’s Hat as you stroll the guest buildings. Who says you have to go to the parks to get that souvenir shot?
There you have it! Are you an All-Star fan? Do you have any All-Star Movies Resort favorites that I missed? Share your tips, tricks, and must dos with us in the comments. Be sure to stay tuned for more top 10 must-dos at the other Disney World Value Resorts coming soon!
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2022 Disneyland Fall Discount - September 21, 2022
- Winter 2023 Aulani Discount - September 13, 2022
- Walt Disney World 2022 December Discount – Disney + - September 8, 2022
- 2023 Disney Cruise Kids Sail Free – Disney + - September 7, 2022
- Fall 2023 Disney Cruises - July 27, 2022