Watching the fireworks frame Cinderella Castle during Wishes at the Magic Kingdom is a pretty perfect way to end a Disney day. But once Jiminy Cricket has wished you a good night and the show is over, it can be stressful battling the crowds to get out of the park. If you want to watch Wishes without the hassle (or possibly without a ticket), here are some spots to catch the magical show from a distance:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort: The California Grill is located on the top floor of the Contemporary and offers stunning aerial views of the Magic Kingdom. Wishes is the finale to any meal here, and when fireworks time arrives, the lights are dimmed and the soundtrack is piped in. Diners can watch from the windows or the outdoor observation deck. Contemporary guests can also catch Wishes from the fourth floor balcony just off of the Grand Canyon Concourse or from the bridge connecting the main Contemporary tower to the DVC Bay Lake Tower. If you’re staying in a theme park view room, you can turn on the tv channel playing the Wishes soundtrack and have your own private fireworks viewing!
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Resort guests staying at the Polynesian can see Wishes from theme park view rooms, and those in the new DVC bungalows on the Seven Seas Lagoon have an unobstructed view from their overwater decks. Day guests can book a dinner reservation at ‘OHANA and enjoy that delicious bread pudding while admiring the fireworks show. Be sure to arrive early to request a window side table; or you can head down to the beach to watch Wishes from the sand.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: The panoramic windows and wrap-around outdoor verandah at Narcoossee’s, the waterfront restaurant at the Grand Floridian, make it a great place to take in the Magic Kingdom fireworks across the water. This is a Signature Dining location, so you’ll need to dress up for dinner and Wishes! The Grand’s boat dock always collects a crowd during Wishes, as you can see the fireworks from here as well.
- Seven Seas Lagoon: Want the best view of wishes from outside the Magic Kingdom? Consider renting a boat from one of the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake resorts, and parking right in front of the Magic Kingdom, you can’t beat the experience. Most of these resorts also offer a fireworks cruise, where you can just board the ship and relax while a Disney castmember takes care of everything for you.
What is your favorite spot outside of the park to watch Wishes?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2020 Star Wars and Marvel Day at Sea Return to Disney Cruise - January 31, 2019
- Disneyland Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures - January 29, 2019
- 2020 Adventures by Disney Rhine River Cruise - January 24, 2019
- 2019 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - January 15, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World Spring and Summer Discount - January 2, 2019