This week, Walt Disney World has announced some major changes coming to Walt Disney World, including a new Toy Story themed land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The new land, inspired by the “Toy Story” film franchise, will allow guests to shrink to the size of a toy and explore the world of Andy’s backyard. It looks like there will be some great new attractions included, as well as an expansion of an old favorite:
- Family-friendly roller coaster – All on the back of Slinky Dog, this coaster will zip and zoom, plunge and coast as it takes guests on a fun, toy-filled adventure throughout the new land.
- Alien saucers attraction – The famous little green aliens from the movie will take guests around for a spin in their very own flying saucers. The music, lighting and sound effects add to the flurry of action, while “The Claw” looms over.
- Toy Story Mania! – Guests glide into the Toy Story Midway Games Play Set and take aim at 3D objects in a variety of fast-paced games, with an expansion that adds a third track to this popular attraction.
While these the new attractions, surely there will be a few new Toy Story themed shops (Al’s Toy Barn), a meet and greet (Woody’s Roundup) as well as a new restaurant or two, to be announced in the future.
This expansion will take over much of the back lot area previously used for the closed Studio Backlot Tour as well as the existing Toy Story Midway Mania and adjacent buildings. Construction has already started on the second track at Toy Story Midway Mania next to the existing entrance, while the new Toy Story Land will expand the ride to three tracks.
With all things Disney, an opening date, or century, has yet to be announced. Most likely, full construction will start soon and should open in a few years.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Florida Resident and Annual Passholder Summer Discounts - July 9, 2020
- 2020 Disney’s Magical Express Update - July 9, 2020
- Disney Cruise Date Flexibility - June 24, 2020
- 2021 Walt Disney World Packages - June 24, 2020
- Disney Park Reservation System Announced - June 19, 2020