Please find below the current Walt Disney World cancellation, change, and other policies that may affect your reservation:
Deposit and Payment Procedures
- For reservations made 31 days or more prior to guest arrival, a deposit of $200 per reservation will be due and must be received by Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. (“Disney”) within 3 days of booking the reservation or the reservation will automatically be canceled. The total price of travel protection plan is also due at the time the plan is requested. For reservations that include air transportation, the total price of airline tickets may be due at the time of booking. For reservations that include runDisney race registrations, the cost of such race registrations is due at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
- Payment in full is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. 30 days prior to guest arrival.
- For reservations made 30 days or less prior to guest arrival, payment in full is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. at time the reservation is made.
- Payment may be made with a valid credit card or by check or money order. Please see confirmation for instructions on how to send payment by check or money order.
Cancellation and Refunds
- For cancellations made 30 days or more prior to Guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third-party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
- For cancellations made 2 days to 29 days prior to Guest arrival, amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, travel insurance premiums and other amounts owed, will be refunded. No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
- For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to Guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
- Guest will be responsible for any cancellation fees assessed by an airline. In the case of a non-refundable airline ticket, the cancellation fee is equal to the entire ticket price. Cancellation of a refundable airline ticket must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled airline departure time.
- No refunds will be made for early departure from hotel and for unused admission tickets, options or features, including meals. No refunds for airline tickets will be made after travel has commenced or if a flight is missed/delayed.
- Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 60 days after departure and will be assessed a $25.00 processing fee. Travel documents must be returned to Disney in order to process any refund upon Disney’s request.
- Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the Guest’s travel agent if payment was made by the travel agent. Disney is not responsible for the receipt of refund monies by Guests from their travel agents.
Change Fees and Changes to Reservations Made Prior to Guest Arrival
- Changes to Reservation – Changes to reservation, including but not limited to travel dates, length of stay or hotel accommodations, are subject to availability at the time the change is made. Guest is responsible for paying any increase in price resulting from the change. In addition, changes made 30 days or less prior to Guest arrival are also subject to a change fee of $50.00 per package plus any change fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers. If air transportation has been ticketed, Guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as the change fee assessed by the airline.
- If changes are made to the package including, but not limited to, changes to travel dates, package is subject to the Terms and Conditions applicable to packages at the time the change to the reservation is made and, in the case of changes to travel dates, pricing applicable to the new travel dates.
- Land portions of the reservation cannot be canceled without also canceling the air portion of the reservation booked through Disney. Airlines/hotels/suppliers do not permit changes in certain situations. All existing travel documents must be returned to Disney via overnight delivery service and revised travel documents will be delivered to Guest via express service, both at Guest’s expense.
- Disney reserves the right to restrict changes to any reservation.
- For guests with an address in the U.S. who make their reservation and customize MagicBands in My Disney Experience 11 days or more prior to guest arrival, travel documents (such as vouchers, Magical Extras cards and other fulfillment cards or travel itinerary confirming an airline reservation) will be mailed to guests along with the MagicBands to the address provided in MyDisneyExperience, subject to receipt of final payment in full.
- All other guests, including those residing outside the U.S. and those not eligible for MagicBands, will receive vouchers, Magical Extras cards and other fulfillment cards upon check-in. MagicBands and certain radio frequency cards are not shipped outside the United States.
- Additional fees will be charged for the replacement of any lost or misplaced travel documents.
- For packages other than Magic Your Way packages, Guests can pick up Disney theme park attraction tickets and certain other fulfillment cards upon check-in at the guest’s resort hotel. Guests with Magic Your Way packages may have entitlements linked to an account they create online (“Disney account”) and ticket and other entitlements will be fulfilled via a MagicBand or radio frequency card.
- Title to the documents, including any radio frequency devices, passes in Lake Buena Vista, Florida upon delivery of the documents to the shipper or the mailing of the documents. Recipient is responsible for any duty or custom charges or expenses. Persons who are requesting documents to be shipped to friends or family members outside the USA should so note. Vouchers, if applicable, must be presented at time of use.
- Check-in time is generally between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. (some hotels have check-in after 4:00 p.m.), and check-out time is usually between 11:00 a.m. and 12 noon.
Room Location and Information
- Adjacent rooms, connecting rooms or specific room location and types of rooms or bedding are on a “request basis only” and are subject to availability at the time of check-in. These requests for specific room type or location may result in additional charges to be paid directly to the hotel. Disney owned and operated resort hotels and Disney Vacation Club resorts are smoke free environments. Smoking is allowed in designated outdoor smoking locations only. A room recovery fee will be charged for smoking in guest rooms, on balconies or on patios.
- Please be advised that at Disney owned and operated hotels, notwithstanding your use of a sign on your door, a request by you to forgo housekeeping services or any other request made by you, the hotel and its staff reserve the right to enter your room for any purpose including, but not limited to, performing maintenance and repairs or checking on the safety and security of guests and property. The hotel staff will give reasonable notice prior to entry by knocking and announcing the intent to enter the room.