UPDATE: August 15, 2017 – The Walt Disney World Express transportation option is ending. August 16, 2017 is the last day to purchase Express Transportation tickets, and the service will close on August 23, 2017.
Walt Disney World has introduced a brand new park to park transportation option, available at an additional cost. With the new Walt Disney World express transportation option, you can get the most from your theme park ticket with the park hopper option. Add Express Transportation to your theme park ticket with the Park Hopping option and get to the magic sooner. This new service will pick you up and drop you off from inside the theme parks, bypassing the main entrance and standard theme park transportation.
- Check in locations inside the theme parks
- Unlimited transportation every 30 minutes to all 4 theme parks
- Quick re-entry to the parks, no need to go through the main entrance
- Available from 10 AM to park close each day
There are two options available for purchase, either a single day Express Transportation option or a multi-day Express Transportation option. The single day option runs $15 per person while the multi-day option runs $25 per person, and is valid for up to 7 consecutive days from the dates of purchase. Of course, you must have a valid Walt Disney World theme park ticket with the Park Hopper options added in order to purchase and use this new park to park transportation option. Children under 3 are free or course.
UPDATE: February 22, 2017: Today, the price of the Walt Disney World Express Transportation option was increased to $19 per for a single day and $29 for a 7 day pass.
Walt Disney World Express Transportation Locations
- Magic Kingdom – Check-in location near the exit of Buzz Lightyears’s Space Ranger Spin
- Epcot – Check-in location near the East side of Space Ship Earth
- Hollywood Studios – Check-in location in the Coaster Courtyard adjacent to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Animal Kingdom – Check-in location near Kilimajaro Safaris entrance
This Walt Disney World transportation option is now available, and it appears this will be a test, though no end date has been announced. Pricing and services can and most likely will change.
Walt Disney World Express Transportation FAQ
- When transferring parks, you will not have to go through security when arriving
- If you have rented a stroller or EVC, there are drop off and pick up locations at the Express Transportation areas, so no need to go to the front of the park to drop off or pick up
- Buses only run until park closing, so if there are after hours events, fireworks included, you may miss the last bus
- The $24 option is not length of stay, and cannot be extended past the 7 consecutive days, so if you are staying longer than 7 days, you will have to start over or go without the service for a few days
- Annual passholders can purchase either the 1 day or 7 day options
- Tickets are available for purchase at All 4 theme park ticket windows and guest services, Disney Springs ticket window, all Walt Disney World resort concierge locations, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin ticket desks and kiosks at Express Transportation check-in locations
- This new paid option will not replace existing Walt Disney World transportation options, and should not effect current bus service
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2020 Aulani Disney Visa Discount - January 10, 2020
- 2020 Disneyland Discounted Child Tickets - January 7, 2020
- Walt Disney World 2020 Kids Dine Free - January 6, 2020
- 2020 Walt Disney World Spring and Summer Discount - January 6, 2020
- 2020 Disney Free Dining Discount – Walt Disney World - January 2, 2020