When darkness falls over Disney California Adventure park, the Paradise Pier lagoon transforms into a rainbow of lights, fountains, and Disney images during the World of Color nighttime spectacular. There’s a new edition of the show “World of Color – Celebrate!” for Disneyland’s Diamond Anniversary, but to see it you’ll need to plan ahead. Here are some tips for the best World of Color viewing:
- Disney fireworks can often be seen high in the sky from all over the park, but with World of Color you’ll want to be watching from Paradise Park, the tiered terraces in front of the Little Mermaid attraction. The space is limited, and you’ll probably need to pick up a free Fastpass (they’re distributed outside Grizzly River Run) to reserve your spot. The World of Color Fastpass functions separately from other Fastpasses, so you won’t have to wait to get a Fastpass for another attraction.
- The best spots within Paradise Park are closer to the water (although if you’re right next to the lagoon you might get wet!) and along the railings. Guests start lining up to enter Paradise Park an hour before showtime, and the first ones to enter snag the best viewing areas, so come early if you don’t want heads in your view.
- Light-up toys or snacks are a good idea to help pass the wait for little kids. If you have a smartphone, you can connect to the “PierGames” wifi and play an interactive game with the flashing Mickey’s Fun Wheel lights.
- Consider buying a set of the Glow with the Show Mickey Ears or other Glow with the Show items. During World of Color, your Mickey Ears will change color to match the show! The Glow with the Show items also work at other Disneyland shows. Don’t feel like splashing the cash? Well, there should be plenty of other Disneyland guests with their Glow with the Show items around you.
- Some DCA restaurants (Ariel’s Grotto, Wine Country Trattoria, and Carthay Circle Restaurant) offer World of Color dining packages. These are prix fixe meals, and after you eat you’ll be given a voucher to get into the Preferred Viewing area inside Paradise Park. You’ll still want to arrive early to get a spot towards the front, but you won’t have to worry about getting a Fastpass. These seats are typically the best available, you really can’t beat them.
While getting a good viewing spot for World of Color can be challenging, once the music starts and the waters spring to life, it’ll all be worth it!
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2019 Walt Disney World Summer Free Dining Discount – Disney VISA - April 24, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World Summer Discount - April 24, 2019
- Disney World Summer Free Meal Deal - April 24, 2019
- Disney Villains After Hours – Magic Kingdom - April 18, 2019
- Disneyland Oogie Boogie Bash - April 17, 2019