When the Florida sun beats down on Walt Disney World, there’s nothing like something cold and sweet and refreshing. From shakes and sundaes to more exotic offerings like gelato and Kaki-Gori, you’ll find plenty of choice when it comes to ice cream around property. Here are our top ten spots to grab a chilly treat at Disney:
- Seashore Sweets – Strolling along the Boardwalk on Crescent Lake at Walt Disney World wouldn’t be complete without an ice cream cone in hand! You can customize your own at Seashore Sweets, an old-fashioned candy shop and ice cream parlor. Don’t forget the hot fudge!
- Gelato Cart – This kiosk at the Italy pavilion at Epcot offers creamy gelato desserts with tempting names like “Coppa Delizia” or “Espresso Gelato Affogato.” The Granita smoothie is also fruity and icy and worth a try!
- Sunshine Tree Terrace – Home to the cute Florida Orange Bird and the delicious Citrus Swirl (which is orange slush swirled with vanilla ice cream), the Sunshine Tree Terrace Is located near the entrance to Adventureland. They also serve standard vanilla sort-serve and slush drinks that you can get in a tiki mug!
- Kaki-Gori Cart – Take your pick of colorful fruit flavors at the shaved ice stand in the Japan pavilion at Epcot. Kaki-Gori is basically like a snowcone – let the syrup soak through the mountain of icy shavings in your cup and enjoy!
- Ghirardelli – Chocolate-lovers, this one is for you. Ghiradelli’s Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop at Downtown Disney has a scrumptious line-up of sundaes, shakes, and floats. These decadent sundaes are like meals in themselves and will definitely leave your sweet tooth satisfied.
- Aunty Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – Auntie Gravity’s is a great Tomorrowland stop for ice cream cones, sundaes, floats, and coffee floats. It’s also home to some of the best smoothies at Disney World!
- Aloha Isle – Aloha Isle in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom features the ever-popular Dole Whip. And while the Dole Whip isn’t technically ice cream (it’s a non-dairy frozen soft serve), it’s such a Disney classic that it couldn’t be left off the list. Dole Whip is practically synonymous with pineapple, but it is available in other flavors, and you can also order it as a float!
- L’Artisan des Glaces – The France pavilion at Epcot has the perfect shop for the ice cream snob. There are sixteen artisanal flavors of ice cream and sorbet to choose from as well as unique specials like an ice cream Macaron or ice cream Martini. C’est magnifique!
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop – If you really want an ice cream challenge, get some friends and see if you can conquer the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club Resort. It has eight scoops of ice cream, toppings galore (including brownie and angel food cake!), and a whole can of whipped cream on top. The menu does include (slightly) more modest but still-delicious sundaes like the Fudge Mud Slide and the No Way Jose.
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – A Main Street institution at the Magic Kingdom, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is a throwback to Gibson Girl days. The pastel décor seems to be inspired by the flavors behind the counter – vanilla, strawberry, mint chocolate-chip! The kid’s cone even has chocolate Mickey ears. Do not miss out on the hand made ice cream sandwiches, your choice of ice cream sandwiched between two fresh chocolate chip cookies. Yum!!!
Where is your favorite place to get Ice Cream at Walt Disney World?