Disney theater-lovers, this list is for you! Walt Disney World has a wide variety of live stage shows, featuring everything from action heroes and stunt cars to dancing princesses and kid favorites to singing fish puppets and flying birds. Here are our ten do-not-to-miss Disney World productions:
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage! – Pre-schoolers and younger Disney fans can watch their favorite characters from Disney Junior tv shows come to life on stage with puppet scenes and skits led by the peppy host Casey. Seating for the 30-minute show is on the floor so it’s easy to hop up and sing and dance along.
- Lights, Motors, Action! – High-octane stunt cars take center stage on the city set at Hollywood Studios. In this roughly 40-minute show, experts take you behind the scenes and demonstrate movie car chases, races, and explosions.
- For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – One of the newest additions to Hollywood Studios’s live entertainment, the Frozen sing-along is located in an air-conditioned theater behind the Streets of America. Arendelle historians crack jokes and introduce clips from the movies, with the lyrics displayed on screens so everyone can sing along. Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff come on stage for the big snowstorm finale!
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – Watch out for that boulder, Indy! Fans of the Indiana Jones films can watch their favorite scenes re-enacted live, complete with fight scenes and flames. Some guests are even chosen from the audience during the “casting call” to take part in the action.
- Dream Along with Mickey – The Magic Kingdom has a castle party that takes place several times a day on the Cinderella Castle stage. It’s a charming 25-minute collection of classic Disney heroes, pirates, and princesses where Mickey and friends remind you that dreams do come true.
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid – Part live stage show, part Little Mermaid movie clips, this show retells The Little Mermaid movie in about 17 minutes, all while being very entertaining, cute and fun. A must for any Little Mermaid fan, or anyone really. Ship Ahoy!
- Cirque de Soleil La Nouba – The unique white tent-like building on Downtown Disney’s West Side is home to a stunning and eclectic Cirque de Soleil performance, La Nouba. It’s filled with incredible acrobats, quixotic clowns, and graceful performers. Most of the shows on this list are included with the cost of your park admission; this one you do need to purchase specific tickets for.
- Beauty and the Beast Stage Show – It’s a tale as old as time, and it’s told several times a day in the Theater of the Stars at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The 25-minute show moves through the story quickly, but it features the classic songs, colorful costumes, and a cutlery kickline!
- Finding Nemo the Musical – Animal Kingdom’s Finding Nemo Musical is one of the most unique shows on property with its use of elaborate theatrical puppetry. The performers do a great job interacting with and bringing the puppets to life. The songs are unique to the show as well, and you will probably leave with “In the big blue woooorld!” stuck in your head.
- Festival of the Lion King – This popular show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park recently got a brand new theater in Harambe Village. The incredible costumes, stirring songs, cheeky tumble monkeys, and graceful bird ballerinas make this a production guests want to catch on every single visit.
What is your favorite stage show at Walt Disney World?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Summer 2021 Disney Cruises Announced - February 24, 2020
- 2020 Adventures by Disney Discounts - January 28, 2020
- 2021 Star Wars and Marvel Day at Sea Return to Disney Cruise - January 23, 2020
- 2021 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount - January 22, 2020
- 2020 Aulani Disney Visa Discount - January 10, 2020