You know how it’s a bad idea to do your grocery shopping on an empty stomach? Apply the same logic to sitting down to read this Top 10 List as you daydream about your many future counter service dining options. The Disney Resort food courts are a Disney staple, everyone eats at them, so you might as well eat the best.
- World Premiere Food Court at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – You’ll find 5 stations at this cinema-themed food court. Sandwiches from grilled chicken to hot Italian, plus burgers and pizza – all your favorite American choices are here, varied with items like a Cajun Mahi Sandwich.
- Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – You can start your day here with breakfast frittatas and dine at day’s end on classic Beef Pot Roast or adventurous Tokyo Sushi Sampler. The Steakhouse Salad was named for the Concourse Steakhouse which stood on the same spot for many years. Order using a high-tech touch screen which sends your choices right to their kitchen. Don’t miss: Worms ‘n Dirt Cake!
- Everything POP at Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Pop right into this big foodcourt with its cozy booths and choose from the selections at 7 different stations. Some of the mouth-watering entrees you’ll find include: oven-fired flatbreads, Chicken Cavatappi, Wine Butter Mussels, monster pizza slices, and Beef Brisket on Kimmelwick. Don’t miss: housemade apple pie and colorific tie-dyed cheesecake.
- Roaring Fork at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort – This is a much smaller location than the value and moderate food courts, but it boasts arguably the best resort sandwiches and cupcake on property. The sandwiches include a melt-in-your-mouth Roast Beef Bleu Cheese with grilled onion and buttermilk chive dressing on focaccia bread served with cucumber salad or housemade chips and a Grilled Northwest Chicken Sandwich with Canadian bacon, Wilderness Sauce and cheddar. Don’t miss: strawberry lemonade cupcake topped with red sprinkles and a fresh strawberry.
- The Artist’s Palette at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort – This may be the most beautiful (and hipster) resort quick service location with its dangling parti-colored hand blown glass lamps, brick walls, and easels ready to capture any guest’s artistic endeavors. An inspired choice: Turkey and Brie Sandwich with fresh arugula and Chambord-cranberry mayonnaise. Don’t miss: Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.
- Old Port Royale Food Court at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – The large bakery cases here have delicious choices such as tropical fruit muffins and moist crumb cake (very like the one the Main Street Bakery was once famous for in pre-Starbucks days). Among the many choices are Ropa Vieja (Braised Beef), Blackened Mahi Sandwich with mango coleslaw, or Lime Chicken Wrap with lime cilantro yogurt and dried papaya with pasta salad or house-made jerk chips. The wood furniture and walls, painted in a rainbow of pastel hues, create a feast for the eyes.
- Landscape of Flavor at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – You’ll find both international and American favorites in this large food court with a focus on healthy ingredients. In addition to burgers, pizza, and cottage pie, the stations here serve up specialties like Saffron Seafood Pasta with clams, mussels, shrimp, and fish or Tandoori Shell-on Shrimp with naan bread. Don’t miss: chocolate-dipped crisped rice bites in the bakery case.
- The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – This quick service location is worth a visit just for the atmosphere, evoking the African savanna and the Kenyan river for which it’s named. Their African Stew is made with beef, turkey, ham, carrots, potatoes, peas, chickpeas, and raisins served over Basmati Rice. Don’t miss: zebra domes in the refrigerated case.
- Capt. Cook’s at Disney’s Polynesian Resort – No better way to start the day than with banana-stuffed Tonga Toast eaten at an outside table under the palm trees! Dinner entrees include many exotic choices such as Pulled Pork Nachos and Pho Noodle Bowl with Shrimp or Beef as well as flatbreads and sandwiches. And don’t forget a Dole Whip for dessert!
- Riverside Mill at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort – This is one of Disney’s largest food courts, but the wood architecture and furnishings muffle the sound and provide a more relaxing environment. The water wheel outside the giant class windows turns slowly, powering a working cotton press. Choices include Vegetable Muffaletta and a Cajun Chicken Sandwich. Don’t miss: hand dipped ice cream.
What is your favorite Disney World Resort food court?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Current Disney Destination Status - September 22, 2020
- 2020 Southern US Disney World Discount - September 10, 2020
- 2020 Walt Disney World Fall Discount - September 1, 2020
- Fall 2021 Disney Cruises - July 23, 2020
- Florida Resident and Annual Passholder Summer Discounts - July 9, 2020