The Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, or EPCOT as most of us know it as, is a hidden gym of the Walt Disney World parks. I hear many families say they skip this imaginative and innovative destination because “there is nothing there.”
I beg to differ.
EPCOT is one of my personal favorites and it’s World Showcase contributes largely to the wonder and excitement surrounding this cultural hub. Here, I’m going to share with you 10 must do things in EPCOT’s World Showcase. Next time you’re visiting Walt Disney World take a stroll around these countries..and become a world traveler in a day!
- Get a drink around the world. One popular favorite among adults is getting an adult-only beverage from each of the 11 countries. This is a fun way to explore the worlds if you’re sans kiddos, or if the grandparents are with you. The legal drinking age at Walt Disney World is 21 and as always drink responsibly.
- Visit the indoor market in Mexico. When you come up to the large temple in the Mexico pavilion go up the stairs and inside. Here you’ll find a unique market designed to mimic an outdoor shopping stroll under the Mexican stars.
- Illuminations is EPCOT’s incredible nighttime spectacular. Shown in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon, it details the past, present and future of our amazing planet. For added fun make a reservation for the Illuminations Sparking Dessert Party.
- Share the world with your kids through Kidcot. At the entrance to World Showcase be sure to grab a Duffy Bear stick to begin your kiddo’s own personal tour of the world! In each world pavilion there is a station called “Kidcot”. Here kids will meet Cast Members native to that country. They will answer questions about their culture, stamp your child’s stick with a stamp for their county, and even write something in their native tongue. This is free for children to participate in but souvenir passports are also available for purchase in stores and on vendor carts. If you present these at the Kidcot stations they will personalize it in the same way.
- Go fish for a pearl in Japan inside the Mitsukoshi store. You’ll pick an oyster, a Cast Member will open it for you, and the big surprise is what’s inside. After a celebratory drum is played, you’ll get to keep the pearl you “picked”. Set it in a piece of jewelry for a once in a lifetime souvenir.
- Each country has their own unique live entertainment. Take the time to stop and watch some of these talented acts. Some on my personal favorites are:
Mo Rockin in Morocco, Off Kilter in Canada, Mariachi in Mexico, and Sergio in Italy.
- Askershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway is a must for little (and big) princesses alike. Aside from Cinderella’s Castle this is the best place to dine with the Disney Princesses. If you have the Disney Dining Plan, Askershus is only 1 table service credit while dining at the Castle will cost you 2.
- While you’re in China stop by any of the shops and purchase a fan. They’ll personalize it by writing your name on it in Chinese at no extra charge.
- Characters- A huge part of the Disney Magic is meeting your favorite characters and World Showcase helps deliver this magic. You can find the following characters around the world: UK – Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Pooh and Friends. Germany – Snow White (and sometimes Dopey). Morocco – Aladdin, Jasmine (and sometimes Genie). China – Mulan. Mexico – Donald Duck. France – Aurora, Marie from Aristocats, Belle and Beast
- Stop by Karamell-Kuche in Germany…trust me, your taste buds will thank you! You will find any and everything here to satisfy your sweet tooth. From caramel popcorn to caramel cheesecake with chocolate to caramel fudge brownies; this place is sure to not disappoint.
And there you have it! My top 10 reasons why EPCOT and World Showcase is worth the stop on your Disney vacation. What is your favorite thing to do in the World Showcase?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Disney Cruise Line Transportation and Dining Price Increases - December 14, 2018
- WDW January – April 2019 Florida Resident Discount - November 29, 2018
- 2019 Adventures by Disney River Cruise Discount - November 26, 2018
- 2019 Disneyland Ticket Discount - November 20, 2018
- Winter 2019 Aulani Discount - November 9, 2018