Everyone thinks that a trip to Disney World is going to cost mega bucks. From the rides that drop you off in a gift shop, to the eyebrow raising prices on some of the souvenirs; it seems that Disney is only for those who have passed “go” quite a few times.
Many travelers do not know, but Disney has lots of things they offer for cheap, or better yet, FREE. A lot of pre-planning can help you think out your trip beforehand to where your wallet (and bank account) thank you on the way back home.
Let’s look at 15 FREE things to do in Walt Disney World that you likely didn’t even know about!
- Chip n’ Dales Campfire Sing-a-long at Fort Wilderness Lodge. Bring your own supplies to make s’mores, join in the sing-a-long, meet a couple of Disney pals, and watch a movie under the stars!
- Kidcot at Epcot– this one is a super cool way to engage your kids in all of the countries and learn a thing or two. Who says learning can’t be fun?! Collect stamps and make a craft at 1 or all 11 countries in World Showcase. Look for the Kidcot sign or ask a Cast Member in each country where the spot is.
- Downtown Disney has a lot of free things to offer. You can window shop, play on one of the many free-play tables in and outside the Lego store, let the kids loose to play in one of the splash pad style fountains, or watch some of the sidewalk entertainment.
- Ride a boat or monorail- Disney transportation is FREE to all guests staying on Disney property. It is fun to hop on a boat, ferry, or the monorail and visit some of the other resorts.
- The Electrical Water Pageant– this one is like the Main Street Electrical Parade but on water! It can be seen most nights from many Disney resorts.
- Be sure to check out Club Cool at Epcot and taste Cola-Cola from several different countries.
- Still thirsty? Any Disney quick service counter will give you a cup of water for FREE! Just walk up to the counter and ask.
- Search for Hidden Mickeys– they are literally everywhere! There are lots of books and sites to help you scout all there are to be found in the world.
- See the animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge. While you are checking out #4 hop on over to AKL and look at the savanna friends from Animal Kingdom.
- Stop by the Outpost at Fort Wilderness and check out the butterfly garden! It was designed to attract several species of butterflies.
- Also at Fort Wilderness is the Tri Circle D Ranch. This stable is the home of the 90+ horses that are used around Walt Disney World. From carriage rides, to the trolley on Main Street to parades; these guys are stars in their own right. On select days you can see a real blacksmith at work and also be sure to check out the 1907 Dragon Calliope that Walt Disney purchased for the opening of Disneyland!
- Catch out Inside the Magic of Disney Animation at Hollywood Studios is Hollywood Animation Academy soon! It is an interactive attraction where you learn to draw a Disney character from a Disney trained artist. The best part is this free souvenir is yours to take once you’ve finished.
- Like Kidcot, Epcot’s Agent P World Showcase Adventure immerses older kids in the history and culture of each country. Pick up a handheld device at one of four locations (Odyssey Bridge, Norway Pavilion, Italy Pavilion, or International Gateway) around World Showcase and get started!
- While at Magic Kingdom, help fight evil villains in the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom interactive role playing card game through each land.
- Get a free wakeup call from a Disney character! Getting up in the morning is easier when the Mouse himself is telling you to get up. Call your resort’s front desk to schedule this.
Do you have any other free tips for things to see or do at Walt Disney World? We’d all love to hear them! Let us know in the comments.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Disney Villains After Hours – Magic Kingdom - April 18, 2019
- Disneyland Oogie Boogie Bash - April 17, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World and Disneyland Guest Policy Changes - March 28, 2019
- 2019 Disneyland Spring Savings - March 19, 2019
- 2019 Disney VISA Spring Walt Disney World Discount - March 8, 2019