Currently, Walt Disney World offers 27 resort choices to choose from when planning your Disney World vacation. Wow. The resorts offer everything from campgrounds to super high end hotels. How are you ever going to choose, even if you have been to Disney several times before? If you are traveling to Disney with kids, there really is no bad place to stay, but there are a few that we at Mouseketrips really, really like, and you will too.
Here are the five best Disney World Resorts for kids:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – Kids love camping, and Disney, and what could be better than camping at Disney? Well, a few things, but not many. While parents may not relish sleeping in a tent or camper on their Disney vacation, there is a better option that should please both kids and adults alike, the Wilderness Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. These spacious cabins sleep 6, with a bedroom complete with a queen bed and a set of bunks, a full bathroom, full kitchen and a living room plenty big for 6, plus 2 at night on the hidden Murphy Bed. You get the feeling of camping for the kids, and the comfort of a nice resort for the adults.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – While all of Disney’s value resorts are full of oversized Disney and other fun characters, there is just something special about Disney’s newest value resort, the Art of Animation Resort. It is full of all your favorite Disney and Pixar characters, from the Lion King and Little Mermaid to Cars and Little Nemo. What little boy would love sleeping in a Cars themed room (or big boy for that matter)? While the Little Mermaid themed rooms are just standard resort rooms similar to the other value resorts, all of the other rooms on property are family suites, with a master bedroom with it’s own bathroom (all parents should be now shouting “hurrah”!), a front room with a living area, kitchenette, table, fold down bed and another full bathroom. Fun rooms and resorts for the kids, plenty of space and fun for the adults.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – What could be better than waking up at Disney with a giraffe or elephant right outside your window? Nothing! Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, as well as the nearby Animal Kingdom Villas, are surrounded by savannas, full of your favorite African animals. Well, Disney is smart, and didn’t include anything dangerous like lions, so don’t get your hopes up. Most rooms overlook the savannas with fantastic views of animals all day long, they will still be there when you get back from the parks, I promise. Make sure to get a savanna view room here, the one resort where we think it is worth spending the extra money to get the nicer view.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – What is so great about the Beach Club? Location, location, location. Oh, and the pool. Not only the best pool on Disney property, but probably the best hotel pool you will ever see in your entire life. Don’t worry about going to the Disney water parks, because you have your very own right outside of your room. The only problem staying at the Beach Club is your kids will want to leave the parks every day and swim. Oh, and don’t miss the Beaches and Cream Soda Shop, a great place to grab an ice cream cone, or an entire kitchen sink.
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – There is just something magical that your kids will always remember about the Contemporary. While it is a fantastic resort with great views, great rooms, Chef Mickey’s Restaurant in the lobby and all within a 5 minute walk of the Magic Kingdom, none of that really matters for kids. What matters is that the Magic Kingdom monorail passes through the lobby all day long. If you want your kids to remember your Disney World vacation for years to come, this is the one resort they will remember for the rest of their lives.
What is your favorite Disney resort for your kids?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2019 Walt Disney World Summer Free Dining Discount – Disney VISA - April 24, 2019
- 2019 Walt Disney World Summer Discount - April 24, 2019
- Disney World Summer Free Meal Deal - April 24, 2019
- Disney Villains After Hours – Magic Kingdom - April 18, 2019
- Disneyland Oogie Boogie Bash - April 17, 2019