Most Disney destinations in the United States have announced adjusted change and cancellation policies due to the current threat of Coronavirus. We will keep this page updated as new information is released. Please find below the most up to date Disney Coronavirus cancellation policies.
Walt Disney World Coronavirus Cancelation Policy
Current as of June 1, 2020
Walt Disney World theme parks will open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15.
Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. No announcement has been made when the other Disney resorts will open.
Disneyland Coronavirus Cancelation Policy
Current as of June 5, 2020
Disneyland and California Adventure are scheduled to open on July 17, 2020. Disney’s Grand Californian and Paradise Pier will not open until later, on July 23, 2020. No announcement has been made about the Disneyland Hotel. The Downtown Disney District will open on July 9, 2020.
- Until further notice, Disney will waive the Disney-imposed $50 change fee for Disneyland Resort packages.
- Guests may move their reservation to a future date in 2020.
- Changes are subject to availability, and the guest is responsible for paying any increase in price resulting from the change. In addition, any change fees assessed by third-party hotels or other suppliers must be paid, and some products or services may be non-refundable. If air transportation has been ticketed, the guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as any change fee assessed by the airline.
- For clients who purchased travel insurance, there is an updated policy in effect until further notice: Up to 24 hours prior to arrival, Guests may modify their arrival dates and maintain coverage under the protection policy as long as there is not a claim on the original travel dates.
- Some events and dining experiences may not be offered on the new dates and may be non-refundable.
- This temporary policy does not apply to changes made for groups, meetings, and other room block bookings.
- If a vacation is canceled, all applicable cancellation fees continue to apply.
- To change (or cancel) reservations, please call the Disneyland Resort call center.
Promotional Disneyland Child Tickets have been extended through December 15, 2020. The Disneyland Southern California tickets are extended through December 21, 2021.
Disney Cruise Coronavirus Cancelation Policy
Current as of June 19, 2020
Disney Cruise Line has canceled all cruises through at least September 14, 2020. Disney Wonder canceled through September 14, 2020, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy canceled through September 15, 2020. All Disney Magic cruises have been canceled through October 2, 2020.
In light of this cancellation, Disney Cruise Line is offering guests who have paid in full the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing departing prior to March 31, 2022, or a full refund. The credit has been automatically added to your account. In order to receive the credit, you just book a new Disney Cruise that leaves within prior to March 31, 2022.
Aulani Coronavirus Cancelation Policy
Current as of June 24, 2020
Aulani is currently closed until further notice.
Aulani is Now Waiving all Disney-imposed Change/Cancellation Fees for Reservations with Arrivals Through July 31, 2020
Aulani did release a Summer and Fall discount for dates starting on August 1, 2020, that aligns with Hawaii’s current shelter in place order.
Aulani is waiving all Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through June 30, 2020.
Adventures by Disney Cancelation Policy
Current as of July 1, 2020
Adventures by Disney has canceled all Adventures through September 30, 2020.
Guests currently booked on adventures through September 30, 2020, can change their reservation and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select a new travel date and/or an alternate adventure in 2020 or 2021.
Additionally, we are offering a temporary update to our cancellation policy. Any new bookings made on future trips through the end of June 2020 will be subject to fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date.
If you have any questions about your upcoming Disney vacation, or possible future 2020 Disney vacation, please contact us here at Mouseketrips.