As we all know Disney is not just for the kids. I have recently started taking “adult only” trips in the Winter months to try new things that my daughter would not be interested in. As a Disney travel agent, I book many honeymoons, anniversaries and just “alone time” visit for adults. The most frequent question I get from these folks is “which resort is best for adults only?” It’s a tough question as Disney World is mostly geared toward families and children. That being said, there are a few places I consider more adult than others.
- The Yacht Club – this resort is closest Epcot (walking distance) which is great for special meals and dinners. The overall theme and feel of the resort is just more adult. Most of the families tend to go to the Beach Club.
- Saratoga Springs – this resort is just a boat ride from Downtown Disney and a fun nightlife. Because this resort is more like condo living, it’s decorations are more subtle Disney and not over-the-top and childlike. Between the golf course and spa, there are an abundance of adult things to do here.
- Boardwalk Inn – this is one of my most requested Honeymoon resorts. I don’t know if it’s the active night life of the Boardwalk or overall decoration and theme, but most adults seem drawn to this resort for a couples getaway.
- Grand Floridian – this resort just screams honeymoon and romance. I will say that this is more popular for families with young children than the others on this list because of the monorail access.
- Coronado Springs – this resort is a convention resort. That fact tends to scare most families away. The amenities offered at this resort are akin to that of a deluxe resort, so it’s great for the budget-minded adults only getaway.
Looking to run away from your children for a week or so? These five will do the trick. They will all give you that adult Disney you crave without feeling guilty by being surrounded by kids. I don’t know about you, but when I see other people’s kids, I start to feel rotten for going away without mine. HA! I get over it!!
Latest posts by Dana Kidd (see all)
- Disney Savings Plan - May 8, 2015
- Disney Adult Getaway Resorts - January 6, 2015
- All Star Movies Resort – My Magical Stay - November 25, 2014
- Flying to Walt Disney World – What You Should Know - October 23, 2014
- Les Halles Boulangerie & Pâtisserie – Quick Service Hidden Treasure - September 5, 2014
Leave a Reply