After more than 15 months of inactivity, the Disney Cruise Line has announced that Disney Cruises are returning! Currently, the Disney Cruise Line is scheduled to start sailing again on August 9, 2021. At this time, only the Disney Dream will start sailing 3 and 4-night Bahamian Disney Cruises out of Port Canaveral, Florida.
Of course, with a return to sailing, there are additional requirements due to Covid that you need to be aware of before sailing:
- All Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (at the Guests’ expense) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date.
- All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 rapid test provided by Disney, in the terminal prior to boarding and comply with other health and safety requirements. The $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older.
- For cruises departing from Florida through December 31, 2021, guests 12 years and older must provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy
- Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from pre-trip and embarkation testing requirements (unless arriving from outside the United States) and travel insurance requirements.
- Guests ages 2 and older are required to wear a face covering on the ship and at our terminals , except in designated areas and situations
- Certain onboard venues, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and availability and may be subject to advance reservations.
Below is the full information that Disney is emailing to clients who are currently booked on a Disney Cruise that is now set to sail.
Disney Cruise Line strongly encourages all eligible Guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before sailing. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from the pre-trip and embarkation COVID-19 testing and travel insurance requirements mentioned below.
Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing:
Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (paid for at the Guests’ expense) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID19 pre-trip testing.
Embarkation COVID-19 Testing:
Guests are required to undergo a rapid PCR COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to boarding. A $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of undergoing COVID-19 embarkation testing.
Safe Passage by Inspire Diagnostics Website:
In order to sail, every adult Guest must individually create an account with Inspire Diagnostics, a third-party provider, for COVID-19 testing and vaccination verification. Beginning no sooner than 33 days prior to sailing, each adult Guest must log in to the Safe Passage website, by Inspire Diagnostics and create an online account associated with their reservation. Parents and legal guardians must create accounts on behalf of minors.
It is recommended that Guests bring their negative COVID-19 PCR test result or vaccination card showing the final dose was administered at least 14 days before sailing with them for embarkation.
For cruises departing from Florida through December 31, 2021, Guests 12 years or older must provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy that has a minimum of $10,000 per person in medical expense coverage and $30,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation and no COVID-19 exclusions. The policy must name the Guest as the policy holder or beneficiary and may be purchased from the Guests’ preferred travel insurance provider or through the Disney Cruise Line Vacation Protection Program, which includes the requisite coverage and provides other benefits for travel protection. Guests that purchase insurance from a provider other than Disney Cruise Line will need to provide proof of the insurance policy, showing the name of each of the covered Guest(s) and a description of the coverage in the policy to Inspire prior to receiving clearance to sail. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of obtaining travel insurance.
To learn more about how to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test result, please visit: Before Leaving Home: Know Before You Go.
You must complete Online Check-in prior to your sailing and may do so beginning 30 days prior to the sailing. You will need to submit the required documents as well as select a Port Arrival Time. All Guests, including our Platinum Castaway Club Guests, will need to select a Port Arrival Time. Guests arriving prior to their selected arrival time will be asked to return at the appropriate time. Online check-in can be completed or modified up to one day prior to sailing.
For full information on requirements and what to expect, please visit this page: Disney Cruise – What to Expect
No information has been given at this time as to when the other three ships will restart sailing. We will provide full information once the schedule has been announced.
For more information about Disney Cruise sailing requirements or to book a new Disney Cruise, please contact us here at Mouseketrips. Just click here to get a no obligation Mouseketrips quote.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- Early 2023 Disney Cruises - October 12, 2021
- 2021 Disneyland Fall Discount - September 23, 2021
- Winter 2022 Aulani Discount - September 21, 2021
- Walt Disney World Holiday 2021 Disney VISA Discount - September 14, 2021
- 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Party - August 13, 2021