For all guests staying at the Walt Disney World resort, all of the Disney transportation is complimentary in your vacation package whether traveling by bus, boat or monorail to the theme parks or motor coach to and from the Orlando International Airport. If you drive to Disney and have your own transportation, you can use it to get around and park for free at the parks and resorts or simply park it at your resort and use the Disney transportation for your convenience.
Disney’s Magical Express Transportation and Luggage Service
Complimentary airport transportation service, known as Disney’s Magical Express, is round trip airport transportation and luggage delivery service for Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Begin your vacation the moment you step off the plane. Bypass baggage claim and avoid the hassle of having to find transportation and drive, as Disney’s Magical Express service transports you to and from Orlando International Airport to your Walt Disney World Resort hotel and delivers your bags to your room. Before you leave home, place the yellow luggage tags on your checked bags and Disney will transport them for you.
- Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, skip baggage claim and proceed to the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level Disney’s Magical Express service will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 3 hours after you check in at the resort. Luggage delivery service provided by Disney’s Magical Express is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm daily. For airport arrivals after 10:00 pm, Guests may collect their luggage at Baggage Claim and transport it with them on the motor coach.
- International Guests flying into Orlando International Airport from another country must follow the U. Customs and Border Protection process and claim luggage after disembarking the plane. After completing the process, proceed to the Disney’s Magical Express Welcome Center in the Main Terminal Building, B side, Level 1. Disney’s Magical Express service will recollect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Walt Disney World hotel room within 4 hours after you check in at the resort.
- Sit back and relax as Disney transports you to your Disney Resort hotel in an air-conditioned motor coach.
As your vacation draws to a close, you’ll receive a Transportation Notice advising you of the pick-up time and place for your motor coach ride back to Orlando International Airport. Please note that it is your responsibility to bring your luggage to the pick-up point at your resort. At this location you can also print your boarding pass as well as check in any luggage before arriving at Orlando International Airport. You cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motor coach to have your luggage transported to and from a Walt Disney World resort and the airport.
*Disney’s Magical Express is available to all Guests staying at Disney Resorts with the exception of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel and the Downtown Disney® Resort Area Hotels.
Complimentary On Site Transportation
Once you arrive at your Walt Disney World Resort, you can zip around on complimentary and convenient transportation that runs continuously throughout the day. There are many modes of transportation within the Walt Disney World Resort, including bus, boat and monorail.
Most areas of the Walt Disney World Resort are accessible by bus from other areas within the Resort, including Theme Parks*, Water Parks, the Disney Resorts and the Downtown Disney area. Buses travel on routes throughout the Resort and do not provide direct service between all destinations.
*Magic Kingdom Park is not accessible by bus from Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Resort. These Resorts provide monorail transportation to the park.
The Magic Kingdom Park is accessible by water launch from Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Resort, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The Disney ferryboats connect the Magic Kingdom Park to the Transportation and Ticket Centre (adjacent to Magic Kingdom parking).
Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are accessible by boat from Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Beach Club Resorts and the Walt Disney World Swan and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotels.
Downtown Disney is accessible by ferryboat from Disney’s Port Orleans Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
Disney’s monorail runs between the Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Resort and the Transportation and Ticket Centre (adjacent to the Magic Kingdom parking lot). A connecting monorail takes Guests from the Transportation and Ticket Centre to Epcot.
Theme Park Parking
Guests pay one fee per day to receive a parking pass good for all theme park parking lots.
- Car/Motorcycle/Taxi/Shuttle/Limo: $17/day
- Camper/Trailer/RV: $18/day
- Bus/Tractor Trailer: $21/day
Parking is complimentary for Disney Resort hotel Guests with a valid MagicBand Resort Parking Permit. Be sure to ask guest services for your parking permit when you arrive at the resort for check in and leave it on your dashboard inside the car for the duration of your trip. Annual and Premium Passholders, in addition to Disney Premier Passport holders, can park for FREE.
Resort Hotel Parking
Parking is complimentary with a valid MagicBand or Resort Parking Permit. Valet parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts for $20 per day.
Parking is complimentary to all Guests visiting the water parks on property.
Downtown Disney Area
Self-parking is complimentary at the Downtown Disney area and gets very busy during peak and holiday season so it’s recommended you arrive an hour early to get to your reservation or show time to ensure you have time to find a parking spot.
Valet parking will be offered during the holiday season from 4:00pm-2:00am for $20 and payment is collected at the time of vehicle pickup, gratuity is not included in the cost. You can use this service by entering through Downtown Disney West Side Entrance 4 and vehicle drop-off can be found directly in front of Cirque du Soleil.
How do you get around at Disney?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2022 Disneyland Fall Discount - September 21, 2022
- Winter 2023 Aulani Discount - September 13, 2022
- Walt Disney World 2022 December Discount – Disney + - September 8, 2022
- 2023 Disney Cruise Kids Sail Free – Disney + - September 7, 2022
- Fall 2023 Disney Cruises - July 27, 2022