Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that Star Wars Land is coming to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Officially titled Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Star Wars Land will without a doubt be Disney’s most popular addition is a very long time.
Star Wars Land Opening Dates
- Disneyland – May 31, 2019
- Walt Disney World (Hollywood Studios) – August 29, 2019
At Disneyland, they have opted to go with a reservation system through June 23, 2019. If you don’t have a reservation, you don’t get in. Staying at one of the three Disneyland Hotels gets you an automatic reservation, or they are now available for free online (if any are left).
There will be no reservations required to see Star Wars Land at Disney World. Walt Disney World is making it easier for Walt Disney World resort guests to get into Star Wars Land, but in no way is access limited to Disney World resort guests. This Fall, Walt Disney World has announced Extra, Extra Magic Hours for three of their four theme parks, including Disney’s Hollywood Studios, where Galaxy’s Edge will be located. Extra Magic Hours are times that the Walt Disney World theme parks are open only to Walt Disney World resort guests, so you have to be staying in a Disney resort in order to gain access. Not planning on staying in a Disney hotel? No problem, the parks are still open to everyone normal hours, you just won’t get in the parks early.
Disney World Extra Extra Magic Hours
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- August 29 – 31 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6:00 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on these days.
- September 1 – November 2 – the park will have daily Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6:00 – 9:00 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily August 29 – November 2, from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from August 29 – November 2, from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
- Extra Magic Hours will continue to be available on select days. Check the Walt Disney World Park calendar for available dates.
So basically, if you are staying at a Walt Disney World resort this Fall, you are going to have a lot more time to visit Star Wars Land as well as all the other Disney parks. Contact us here at Mouseketrips so we can help you start planning your Fall Walt Disney World vacation.
If you’re visiting this fall, you should know that the Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit at the Walt Disney World Resort requires a valid theme park admission and hotel ID. Guests without the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option must spend the day at the same park where they’d like to enjoy the Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit.