Sometimes one of the best parts of a Disney vacation is meeting your favorite character for the first time or even the millionth time! Whether seeing them as part of the attractions, on stage in a show, or riding by in a parade, there’s something magical about meeting your favorite Disney character in person. While you aren’t guaranteed to get a high-five from Dopey during a parade, or get blown a kiss from a Princess during a stage show, there is a way to get some one-on-one time with some of your favorite Disney stars without the long lines.
Characters can be found throughout the Walt Disney World Resort at permanent meet and greet attractions as well as various locations around the theme parks. One of the quickest ways to meet some of your favorite characters is to schedule a FastPass in advance using Fastpass+ on your my Disney experience account. This feature is available for popular character appearances and meet and greet locations such as Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell in Town Square as well as many princesses including Elsa and Anna, Cinderella, Ariel and Rapunzel in Princess Fairytale Hall and many more.
A great way to meet your favorite character without a fastpass or long line is to book a character dining at select restaurants for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. If you’re wishing to seek out a specific character during your trip that isn’t listed on the entertainment schedule or dining locations, check with Guest Relations at the park the day-of your visit for assistance.
Characters, times and locations are subject to change without notice and can vary daily. Rain tends to keep some of the characters indoors.
Some character viewing options always have huge, huge lines. Want to wait to see Anna and Elsa? Hope you have 2 – 3 hours on your hands. But others, if you know where to look, rarely have more than a few people waiting to see them.
The following list is a general guideline of the various characters that may be seen throughout the parks and their locations with the shortest wait times and no fastpasses required.
- Rafiki and Chip & Dale at Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Baloo & King Louie at Upcountry Landing
- Russell & Dug at Discovery Island
- Pocahontas at Discovery Trails
- Mulan in China – occasionally Mushu will accompany her
- Mary Poppins in United Kingdom
- Winnie the Pooh & Friends in United Kingdom
- Alice in Wonderland in United Kingdom
- Aladdin & Jasmine in Morocco
- Auroa in France
- Marie in France
- Belle in France
- Snow White in Germany – occasionally Dopey will accompany her
- Merida in Fairytale Garden
- Tiana in Liberty Square
- Jack Sparrow near Pirates of the Caribbean attraction
- Mike and Sully near Streets of America
- Mater & Lightening McQueen near Streets of America
- Minnie Mouse in the Animation Courtyard (she is in a back room, no signs, no wait, just ask)
Can’t find a certain character you want to see, or want to find out where and when any of the characters will show up. Just ask any cast member in the theme park, they all have a daily schedule of all character appearances. Just make sure to ask someone who isn’t really busy.
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2022 Disneyland Fall Discount - September 21, 2022
- Winter 2023 Aulani Discount - September 13, 2022
- Walt Disney World 2022 December Discount – Disney + - September 8, 2022
- 2023 Disney Cruise Kids Sail Free – Disney + - September 7, 2022
- Fall 2023 Disney Cruises - July 27, 2022