It seems as though there are plenty of dining options at Walt Disney World aimed squarely at the princess crowd, so if you have a little girl, there is no shortage of dining options right up their alley. There are also a few that feature the Fab 5 Disney characters, which tend to be pretty gender neutral. But, there isn’t really one boy-themed character meal. Where is the Pirates of the Caribbean breakfast, or the Monsters, Inc Meal? I would love to see a Star Wars themed meal in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and I am sure that is coming at some point in the future, but it isn’t there now. So, you have little boys and are going to Disney, what do you do?
Here is our list of the top 5 Disney World restaurants for boys:
- Toy Story Pizza Planet – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – If you have a Toy Story fan in your family, Pizza Planet is the place for you. This is the only counter service restaurant in the list. While the pizza isn’t too bad, this is just a fun place to eat for everyone, and the fact that Buzz, Woody and friends are all over the restaurant is a plus for any boy. – $ ($14.99 and under per adult)
- Whispering Canyon Cafe – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – The ultimate boy restaurant if there ever was one. If your boys like to horse around, this is the place. Whispering Canyon features boy friendly food like Kansas City-style pork ribs and mashed potatoes. They often have broom horse races around the restaurant and other crazy games that boys love. Want to play a little trick on your boys? Just ask for ketchup, and your table will suddenly be full of every ketchup bottle in the restaurant. – $$ ($15 to $29.99 per adult)
- Hollywood & Vine Restaurant – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Do you have little boys that love Disney Junior? Head over to Hollywood & Vine for breakfast or lunch and hang with Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Jake and the Never Land Pirates and Handy Manny. The food is a buffet service, so it is all you can eat, and there will be plenty of options for those picky little boys. Plus, Hollywood & Vine also transforms into Star Wars central during Star Wars weekends, and offers the fantastic Jedi Mickey’s STAR WARS Dine where you can dine with Mickey, Minnie and friends in their Star Wars outfits. – Breakfast – $$ ($15 to $29.99 per adult), Lunch – $$$ $30 to $59.99 per adult
- T-REX Restaurant – Downtown Disney – Which boy doesn’t love dinosaurs? Travel back 200 Million years and dine with squawking pterosaurs, wooly mammoths, a massive undulating octopus and life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, including a 15-foot-tall T. Rex. Wow! The food is also dinosaur sized, no one ever goes hungry at T-REX. This is a great restaurants for boys of all ages, complete with moving dinosaurs, loud sounds and great food. – $$ ($15 to $29.99 per adult)
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Sitting in a car at a drive-in watching scary movies and eating hot dogs is every boy’s dream. This is just a fun restaurants for everyone, and if you just want the drive-in experience, stop by in the afternoon for some of the best shakes you will find anywhere. You want more? The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant is also home to the STAR WARS Dine-In Galactic Breakfast during Star Wars weekends, the only place to eat with Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers. – $$ ($15 to $29.99 per adult)
All of these restaurants are available on the Disney Dining plans.
Which Disney World restaurant is a Must Do for you and your boys?
Latest posts by Mouseketrips (see all)
- 2020 Aulani Disney Visa Discount - January 10, 2020
- 2020 Disneyland Discounted Child Tickets - January 7, 2020
- Walt Disney World 2020 Kids Dine Free - January 6, 2020
- 2020 Walt Disney World Spring and Summer Discount - January 6, 2020
- 2020 Disney Free Dining Discount – Walt Disney World - January 2, 2020